How many of you have had your Covid jab?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: How many of you have had your Covid jab?

Post by lancashire lass »

I was fine on the Sunday I had the jab but felt unwell the rest of the week. Mainly aches and joint pain, headache, chills (they were the worst) and feeling flu-like symptoms (I even convinced myself I was going down with a cold which made me wonder where I had picked it up) but nothing serious and paracetamol helped.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I has a couple of paracetamol last night as I felt a bit rough. I wouldn't say I felt 100% this morning but certainly much better than last night but just the same going to take it easy today.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I finally had my first vaccination on Mond, but Tues morning I felt very rough, cold, shivery and the mother of all headaches. I slept on and off all day and was in bed by 9a.m. Have still felt pretty rough the remainder of the week, but at least the headache has gone.
Got to admit I am not looking forward to the second one.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I listened to someone on radio yesterday saying that one vaccine (Oxford???) was more likely to give side effects on the first dose, less on the booster, but the other way round for the other.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Mo wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 13:58 I listened to someone on radio yesterday saying that one vaccine (Oxford???) was more likely to give side effects on the first dose, less on the booster, but the other way round for the other.
I suppose it depends on what the vaccine is made up of. In a way, it is experimental compared to other vaccines like flu made from attenuated virus (that is, viable virus but with much less pathogen) A first dose for someone who hasn't had it before will be classed as a "foreign" and the immune system reacts (typically first response is a high temperature or red/soreness at site of jab) while it tries to fight off the invasion by producing antibodies and T-cells which will recognise it should you get re-infected / receive a second dose. As the body is primed, normally the second jab should not cause the same reaction as there is already an immune template to produce more antibodies.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I am completely fine today. So my experience has been; felt really rough the first night with a slightly raised temperature, a bit lethargic the next day and took a couple of paracetamol, next day back to normal.

I would personally urge everyone who can to have the jab. Whatever the side effects it must be far better than catching Covid and then living with the damage it can cause.
Michael
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I would urge everyone to do as much research as you can. Don't take the information from Main Stream Media, TV, newspapers, as gospel. The full implications of having the vaxx will not emerge until six months, a year, or two years down the line. It isn't a choice between get the vaxx and experiencing unpleasant side effects, or get covid. There are a lot of variables, such as your general health and your lifestyle. The decision whether to have the vaxx or not should be purely down to your own choice, not what other people think about it.

ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 09:53 The full implications of having the vaxx will not emerge until six months, a year, or two years down the line. I
ilona
That is true about most things we do. And for many things we never know because life is not an experiment where you control all variables except the one you are testing.
I also feel that people should not be compelled to be vaccinated, but those who don't are freeloading on those who do. If no-one vaccinated their children against whooping cough, smallpox, polio there would be many more deaths from infectious diseases, and disability (iron lungs etc). Because many do those who don't can get away with it as the chances of meeting an infected person are low.
You say consider your own lifestyle, but who wants to live the lifestyle we have been living this past year.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I agree with Ilona that we need to be very careful with what we hear and read.

The vaccine is currently being rolled out to people who are categorised as being at risk, a demographic were we would expect some to die of blood clots, strokes, heart attacks and the like. After all, over 20 million people in this country have already had at least one jab. Always remember, correlation is not the same as causation.

And, whilst most of us here belong to an older age group, it's younger people and school kids, those at least risk of getting seriously ill, who in many ways have been impacted the most. I would really like things to get back to something more like normal for these.
Michael
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I had my first jab on February 8th, and am waiting to hear about the second one. Different people have waited different times for it, which seems to depend on the place of vaccination, and which doctor's surgery they attend.

My oldest son and I had no bad effects post jab, but my two younger sons had to stay in their beds, with flu-like symptoms.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Our daughter, Clare had her first jab on Sunday and up till now has been OK, just a very sore arm.
manda

Post by manda »

I will get mine in the next couple of months in NZ...Front line staff are being vaccinated first (in Managed Quarantine facilities) then primary care (GP surgeries etc and ED) then hospitals and onwards.

As we don't have and community cases makes sense. I feel a little uneasy they are opening the borders to certain states in Australia when not everyone has been vaccinated but time will tell on that one.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

manda wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 00:16 I feel a little uneasy they are opening the borders to certain states in Australia when not everyone has been vaccinated but time will tell on that one.
And here are we talking about summer holidays! When Europe has a surge in cases and there are vaccine resistant variants. Madness.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

I don't understand the problem with "Covid passports" - if you haven't had the vaccine for whatever reason (unable to, pregnant, refuse) but can prove you have immunity or tested negative, then surely this gives people more confidence of mingling at venues than the current situation where there is a big unknown of the stranger standing next to you? People have jabs against diseases when travelling abroad to certain countries (I remember having the Yellow Fever and Smallpox vaccinations and had to produce certificates of proof at the destination) so what is the big deal?
Mo wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 09:19
manda wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 00:16 I feel a little uneasy they are opening the borders to certain states in Australia when not everyone has been vaccinated but time will tell on that one.
And here are we talking about summer holidays! When Europe has a surge in cases and there are vaccine resistant variants. Madness.
I agree - I'm uneasy about the eagerness for people wanting to go abroad and even more uneasy about self-isolating on return from those countries that signal rising cases when clearly it didn't work last year (many people admitted they didn't)