How many of you have had your second jab?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

How many of you have had your second jab?

Post by fabindia »

Mrs Fab and I don't get our second one until towards the end of May. On a positive note even one jab appears to give good protection against serious illness.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: How many of you have had your second jab?

Post by Gwenoakes »

My second jab date is 24th May Terry's is two weeks before.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

My second jab is tomorrow, (29th) April.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Haven't had my second yet and no idea when. My first one was done at home and I wasn't given a second date.
I was phoned from my GP surgery last Tuesday saying my second one would
be done on the Wednesday or Thursday. I said I would be out Thursday afternoon as i am having a form of chemotherapy in my bladder on the Thursday afternoon. The lady said I may not be able to have it done but would phone me back. She didn't phone back. Had my chemo which is very mild. In and out in 15mins. I was told there that I should be able to have my 2nd jab but not on the same day. Phoned back to GP on Friday to say that I am having no treatment next week but will have it 4 Thursdays mornings after that. Was told my GP who is to do the jab would phone me back. No phone call so have no idea what will happen. Very frustrating!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I spoke to an old friend in Bangalore, India yesterday and his wife has had one dose of the Astro-Zenica vaccine as manufactured in India and he has had two doses.

The situation in India with regards to the availability of vaccines is pretty dire at the minute but apparently he got his through their church (they are India but come from South India were there is quite a lot of Christians).
Michael
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Wend had her second jab yesterday at about midday. She was feeling a bit rough by evening and is really poorly again this morning so still in bed.

Hopefully, it is just a 24 hour thing. Still, better than getting Covid I suspect.
Michael
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Wendy is a lot better today, back normal really. So fortunately looks like the side-effects last about a day, which is good as I have my second jab in a couple of weeks.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am glad she is feeling better, Michael. )t'
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I see from the news that this new 'Indian' variant seems to be more transmittable. Hopefully, the current vaccine will still protect against it.
Michael
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I believe that the part that has mutated is not the part the vaccine acts against, so they are hopeful.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I had my second jab today (pre-booked when I booked in for the first jab) :-D
fabindia wrote: 16 May 2021, 12:01 I see from the news that this new 'Indian' variant seems to be more transmittable. Hopefully, the current vaccine will still protect against it.
it seems to be more transmittable but studies carried out so far (as it is still relatively new, it is only a small sample) that those who have been vaccinated or had the earlier variants have some protection from serious illness. Those who had received more recent booster shots seem to be much more protected than those with waning antibodies but the vaccine is still seen as effective. Animal studies have indicated the Indian variant is much more aggressive to lung tissue but it is still unknown if it is more aggressive in humans than other variants.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

I had my second jab yesterday and unlike Wendy, I have had no side-effects.

Our daughter and son-in-law had their first jabs this week. Andy was fine but Hannah was a bit rough last night.
Michael
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Terry had his second jab 14th and I had mine 24th and neither of us have had any side effects. I was not looking forward to my second one as I felt so poorly with the first, but everything just fine. YAY.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Gwenoakes wrote: 27 May 2021, 15:49 ... but everything just fine. YAY.
Strange isn't it? I know some people who had no side-effects with the first jab. All our immune systems and metabolisms are different.
Michael