Should we expect more coughs and colds this winter?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Should we expect more coughs and colds this winter?

Post by fabindia »

Hopefully, we are all vaccinated against Covid and flu but we haven't been exposed to cold viruses for a year.

My daughter's 2 year old has already got a snotty nose presumably picked up from her nursery which she is in the process of spreading to the rest of the family.
Michael
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Should we expect more coughs and colds this winter?

Post by fabindia »

Yes as expected - Wendy and I have come down with a cold today. Just a bit snotty and light-headed but nothing too serious.

Just to make sure I did a lateral flow Covid test, which was negative. Wouldn't want a cold masking Covid :-D
Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I can't decide whether I've picked up a cold or crossed paths with an allergen, but currently I have got the sniffles after a couple of sneezing bouts yesterday. As I've been nowhere other than at work (3 days last week, didn't go out over the weekend not even to the shops, and 2 days this week), it can be the only source which is worrying (given that Covid cases are definitely on the rise in this area). The allergen is a strong possibility as the sneezing attack came on so suddenly without warning at work but the still drippy nose today (I decided to stay and work from home to be on the safe side) isn't characteristic of an allergy.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

fabindia wrote: 12 Oct 2021, 12:03 Hopefully, we are all vaccinated against Covid
A large proportion of people across the world haven't. Do not assume. But this thread is about colds and flu, so we'd best stay on topic.

ilona