Ilona's Crafty Makes - Felt Hearts (and more)

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Ilona's Crafty Makes - Felt Hearts (and more)

Post by mrs boodles »

)like(
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

When my grandaughter was of school poorly last year, we snuggled on the sofa and made a hanging felt heart. She was so pleased with it :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Felt is so easy to work with because it doesn't fray, even children under supervision can make something. Ideal past time for grandma's and kids.

I finished the small bunting.

I made the flags double thickness, edged with three strands of purple embroidery thread in a blanket stitch. Luckily I had some gold ribbon in my bit box to match the gold star sequins.

I'm making some smaller ones now. These are three inches wide at the top, the new ones are two inches wide.

Ilona

Off to Crafty Club now, to see what the other ladies are making. Chat and Craft, coffee and biscuits. Hope someone has put the heating on in the Village hall
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Very smart Ilona. I love red and green together.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hi. More bunting made. Smaller than the previous one, the flags are 2 inches wide across the top, with beads threaded onto the red cord which joins them. I quite like these.

Anyone else inspired to have a go? I'm just starting a new project which will take a little longer. Looking good so far.
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

You have been busy, Ilona. Love your recent bunting.
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

)like(
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hello. My latest make is a wall hanging. I have a large sheet of strong plastic mesh which I found dumped in a rubbish bin. I think it was some kind of packaging material and would be good for making a rag rug. As I have already made two of these I decided to make something smaller, so I cut a heart shape out of it and filled it with strips cut from t-shirts. I have sandwiched a piece of heavy duty plastic between the front, and a red felt backing, to keep it flat.

I found that the centre red heart had become distorted because it was difficult to incorporate curves when I was following the straight lines of the mesh. I had to make adjustments by removing some of the pieces to reduce the width of one colour, and adding another row of the adjacent colour to widen a width. Still not perfect, but it looks ok.

Ilona
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

That's lovely, what a great idea!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

It is stunning, Ilona.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thank you Jem and Spreckly.

I like to play around with new materials and saw some brightly coloured pan scrubbers in a discount store. They were cheap so I bought a pack. I have made a flower, it is going on our Crafty Club Christmas tree which will be displayed at a festival in a church in Scun thorpe over three weekends in December.

Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Love the colours, Ilona.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hi. This is something I made a few years ago but it's worth another look. Sticks from trees that were being pollarded in the churchyard, all kinds of leaves, berries and shrubbery. A few crystals from a chandelier I got out of a skip, all free no cost. My alternative Christmas tree.

Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Everything that you make is so pretty and so well made. Love the heart especially and just wish I had your imagination. Well done )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Hello. The small felt decorations all sold at the Christmas Fair in the Village Hall, the money went to the Cat Rescue in the village. Also sold were a lot of fabric shopping bags.

I've made this bag for a friend. The fabric is from the Scrapstore, it's got a rubbery backing on it so no lining is needed and the edges don't fray. Very easy to work with. It's going to be used to carry books about. I think she will be chuffed.

Still crafting but working on several projects at the same time, I keep getting ideas popping into my head.

Toodle pip. Ilona