Steiffs

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
sandy
Legendary Laner

Steiffs

Post by sandy »

Anyone collect these or have some special ones to commerate and occasion?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Minxy
Lively Laner

Re: Steiffs

Post by Minxy »

Hello Sandy,

I do! I have one, which must be at least 20 years old now and sits in my bedroom (complete with its own growl). When my daughters were born, I bought them a limited edition each. They are still in their boxes, complete with numbered certificate. They are also musical and play 'The Blue Danube Waltz'. They're not allowed to play with them though and will only be passed to them once they are a lot older! They do get to take them out occasionally and give them a cuddle. :-D
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I have a beloved Steiff pony called Mary. She belonged to my uncle who came here from Hungary as a boy in the war. He gave her to me when I was small and she went everywhere with me. She's in a bit of a state, the leather on her hooves has worn away revealing the straw stuffing.
I've often wondered if I should get her repaired but wouldn't know where to start...
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

These are my old family teds. They're not actually Steiffs though :oops:
I've done lots of research online & I think Big Ted (he has a growl) is a Schuco and is minimum 60 years old & Little Ted is from 1930's but I dont know his make.The other one (with the key)is a modern one hand made by a friend.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I had one very similar to your Little Ted, from new in the 40's, before Little Ted & Big Ted were thought of. He got left out in the rain by my children in the 70s and went mouldy - he was already threadbare.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I remember my mum telling us off for putting Big Ted in the bath with us when we were very young. We weren't very careful with our toys, he must be pretty well made to still be in such a good state.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant