I've been busy!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

I've been busy!

Post by p.penn »

I've been very busy trying out new techniques and items. So here are some of the things I have made! Firstly, I finished my African flower blanket:

Then I was inspired to try a bit of fairisle:

And finally, just finished something completely different!

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
unicornleather
Learner Laner

Re: I've been busy!

Post by unicornleather »

Well done, lots of hard work there
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Helen you could start up a cottage industry. All the wool items brilliant but what intrigues me is the bra. I didn't realise that you can buy a decent bra pattern. This is something I could do with as I always have to make alterations to mine.
My big envy is your clothes dummy. It must make fitting so easy and you can see the back. Brilliant!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes, the dummy is greatg, except I can't seem to get it to my measurements! Although it's a 'small' with a 34 bust, there are only little boobs so the back is quite wide (too wide for me) . Also the waist doesn't go big enough so I will need to pad it. Clearly I have the body of an alien {rofwl}

There are loads of patterns, blogs and you tube videos out there. If I ever recover enough to make another, I will certainly have a better idea of what's what! Even the materials were alien to me and so I got quite confused! Luckily I joined a bra making group on Facebook and they helped me. Actually, they kept me going after I wanted to throw it out the window! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I would probably have the same problem with a dummy. Narrow back and unfortunately (I think) busty. Interesting to see that there is a group that helped you. Might just have a look )t' Great to see what you are now doing X
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Lovely work, I could have done with one of them hats out here this winter! People's talent never ceases to amaze me )t'
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I like the hats, but I gave up wearing a bra years ago. )grin2(
Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Me to - nothing to put in one. Gave up wearing an elastic 'roll-on' after my teenage years too (far too uncomfortable). )ot:

Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I joined that club in my youth , Could not get them off with two hands .Have plenty to put in them unfortunately for me.
I am impressed with your work . Lady hours you must put into them x minimum wages would make them expensive though.
Must show us more , willing to model them ..... Blanket might be useful if I go to India.
Bob
steveindenmark
Learner Laner

Post by steveindenmark »

I love the sheeps hat.

After looking at that bra, I thought the other hat was a pair of boobs. But then the penny dropped. :-D
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Lovely stuff - very well done. )like(
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I remember when you first learned to crochet and then
learning to knit. You are now very adept at both and do beauriful work. Curious to know if you prefer one over the other.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

They are very different June! I usually have a knitted sock on the go as it's portable and I don't have to concentrate too hard for the majority of it! I don't do a lot of crochet any more, but that is mainly because I have made so much! A friend called my house 'Crochet Cottage' when she called in recently {rofwl}

In truth, I think it's more what I am making that makes it more enjoyable, and how much I love it when it's made. The bra was a very steep learning curve, but to be honest, I'm a bit gutted that it doesn't fit better. If it had, I would have a plethora of bras by next year, but probably won't make another. I have about 16 pairs of socks now, and most of my friends and family have them!

I'm also dressmaking, but again, find fitting a problem. I get so worried that I just don't do it! I have 3 patterns waiting!
Helen xx

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , you should have a go. You have the skills . Bit of cheap material for a trial then mass production .
Bra seems ok to me but I am not wearing it ..
Go for the challenge .
Bob
(If ever SHMBO decides to get married , To whom I would ask , I will send her your direction.)