Formula 1 - Sandy !

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Formula 1 - Sandy !

Post by Richard »

Haven't seen a post about this thus far in 2017 and know Sandy follows it.

How do you think it's going Sandy, has Hamilton blown it?

Still just one Grand Prix more than half way, so plenty of time for things to happen.

At leat there's a bit more competition this year (and a bit of aggression to top!!)

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula 1 - Sandy !

Post by sandy »

I am still puzzling over why Toto let Bottas get his place back!!!agreed or not that's lost points for Lewis. Agree much more competition this year have had to tape a lot of races and backtrack such a shame Jenson had a miserable drive Stroll is looking good but good to seeMsx keeping up his brilliant moves
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard

Post by Richard »

As you know, I think Hamilton's biggest problem last year was partying !!
This year, very different, he seems to have found a bit of aggression.

It's a pity that F1 is like Football, the winners are the one's with the biggest Bank Accounts, so great to see some of the smaller Teams coming along better.

I always found Alonso a bit of a pain off and on the track, but he's mellowed. I feel sorry for him having such a troublesome car.

Poor Jenson, back to the Triathlon !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You know I wonder of having a 'slowish' car just makes you mellow? You do your best but cannot be blamed wholey for being lower down in the points as if you would be if you were in your ferrari/mercedes?
Jenson just seemed resigned last year even though of course he still wanted to win and any better places than your other on par rivals was an acheivement.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Just catching up on races of course know the outcome which is annoying and hens teeth set myself a free day for the live race on sunday and have to go to my cousins brithday party, why she is going to be 52 just go for a meal Mary!
Loving the force indias, entertainment all on their own, will be catching up sunday night with some backlog races too good thing of course is no clear winner yet )t'

Richard

Post by Richard »

I'm assuming you know the Malaysia result.

What a start to the Race !!!! Fell right into Hamilton's hands !

Plus, for once, Verstappen wasn't to blame for anything !!!

I really feel sorry for Alonso.

Richard )t' )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Um do you mean Singapore?
I always watch races alone but was at a birthday party on sunday, as the kids and their mums were taking up all the room at the table I took my plate into the living room which as the biggest tv I have ever seen! Chris,Christian and Sam were channel hoping, how about channel 4!
My did they moan, car racing is just so boring but they humoured me and left it on. They were really excited by the start, really? Three competitive drivers out already. Watching it again, and again I quite agree I dont think anyone was to blame, who dosent want to get a good position on the first corner after all. I think Lewis deserved this one, every time he got a gap out came the dreaded safety car, I reckon when they restart they should be held back so they are at the same distance once again although I bet that would cause havoc with the engines. Have to say I do prefer to watch it on my own as so many inane comments being made by the 'boys' instead of some sensible discussion. I cannot believe poor Max is so far down in the championship, with a reliable car I reckon he would be miles ahead of Daniel, who is of course very good back Max is just so fearless at overtaking. Nice that Palmer got a good result as it appears he will be replaced next year.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hooray, a live race )t' as everyone said what a shame the ferraris were not in the mix at the front, its a long time since we would have had three teams fighting almost equally with one another. How amazing is Max? I suppose being just 20 he seems almost fearless. Such a shame no more Malaysian races, yes it is great to have overtaking races but the whole swing of the circuit was obvioulsy hard on the drivers if Max was having neck problems. Vettel did so well to get to number 4 but what was going on with that crash with Lance? Surely he would have known he was there? Will the stewards get involved with a post race collision I wonder?
Always like the after race analysis with Mark Webber and DC and good to hear from Susie Wolf , just hope that means we wont be getting Eddie back again, he may know what he is talking about but dosent always seem to go the right way about it.
Roll on next sunday, will have to avoid all news items until the hilights I suppose.

Richard

Post by Richard »

The Officials cancelled out the Vettel bump on the warm down lap.
Seemed to me to be 50/50, one not looking and the other going too fast !!

Nice not to have the usual one against one, other Teams are coming along.

Next season will be very good I think.

Richard )t' )t'
Richard

Post by Richard »

I was watching 'Flog It' the other day and the bit they do in the middle of the programme was about Brooklands Race Track.

Apparently, as it was the first race circuit to apply for a racing permit, the Government of the time gave it the same rulings as Horse Racing.

Hence Car Racing Circuits have a 'Clerk of the Course' and a 'Paddock'.

Richard

Be the first to say "not many people know that" :-D :-D
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

When are the electric cars taking over , driver less .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:When are the electric cars taking over , driver less .
Bob

Hmmm Bob how about driverless motorbikes? Do you think you would win more races {rofwl}
Richard yes I had heard that before re horse track references. Oh ny so it is still not a done deal for Lewis but so close now, just one more win?
Hi lights I know }hairout{ but still entertaining, just love Max asking if he could go for it on the last couple of laps.
Yes I know Bottas moving over would help Lewis, would help the team and would earn them megabucks if their driver wins the championship and maybe Lewis did have a quicker car but still dont feel comfortable with letting someone go through, racing is racing isnt it?

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So the title is still not cemented, though cannot beleive Lewis wont win now. Still seething at the ridiculous decision on Max, hope they play the race back , they will probably have to change a lot of positions if they stick to this decision.
Texas may be a good track but oh the pomp at the begining was just too much.

Richard

Post by Richard »

As good as done..................................................I hope )t' )t'

Richard )t'