Painting

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Painting

Post by albertajune »

I am going to try my hand at painting, something that I dabbled with years ago and must emphasise dabbled at animal portraits.

If anyone out there paints with different mediums I would like some advice. Are water colours or acrylics the easiest to work with for scenic pictures? I have a feeling that water colour mistakes are harder to cover up. Quite an expensive hobby so don't want too much waste. :?
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Painting

Post by Gwenoakes »

Sorry, June have no idea. It has always been something I would like to do, but never got round to tit. Considering I was always being told off in school by my art teacher because she said I was not drawing what I saw, i.e. chair with straight legs, but after I had finished it had four sticky out legs. {rofwl} I never, ever got the hang of drawing properly, but can do a mean sitting cat and matchstick men/women. )t'
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Sorry I'm uselss with paing, I'm more graphic, markers etc. can't do shades.

However, I think the general opinion is that Oil is better for fine detail (like a real more photo effect) and water colour is more about mood, atmosphere.

If I tried it out, I'd probably go for water colour, but only because any oddities, I could explain away as being arty.

Going back years someone told me to start off with Oils though.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I've made up my mind for acrylics. I have tried watercolour in the past but think I overworked my pictures so not satisfied with them. I have all 3 mediums which I must use.
I did a long time ago put up on here portraits of my sisters dogs which I liked but have lots of pics of us in Australia in the bush so my next attempt will be s landscape )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Good for you!

We look forward to some photos.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome