Keeping busy during isolation

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Keeping busy during isolation

Post by albertajune »

What have you all been doing to keep hands and minds busy? I started by doing some painting, then detoured to knitting toys. When I had my first surgery in April I was given lots of odd balls of wool from neighbours, bought a couple of Jean Greenhowe books and am knitting away. I have found homes for all my knits so made a few young children very happy. I was surprised at how hard it is to buy patterns at the moment. Like baking, people are re discovering these home skills and enjoying them.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Keeping busy during isolation

Post by Spreckly »

Well done you June, you are so skilled at crafting. I have had to give up knitting jumpers for the street kids in South Africa now, my shoulders are too painful.

I have pottered in the garden, cut most of the young oak tree shoots off today, pulled weeds up in the vegetable plot, and where they are coming through elsewhere.

I walk Angel each day if I can. I write emails and use messenger. In my area there a few sites with old photos of the towns and surrounding villages.

Nothing too strenuous, of course!
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Keeping busy during isolation

Post by albertajune »

Looks as if you are keeping very busy Spreckly. There is always plenty to do in the garden and weeds growing non stop. Lovely that you have the company of Angel who must be so precious to you. Take care! X
I am now a widow and live with my memories.