New Photography Thread.

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

New Photography Thread.

Post by Meanqueen »

Ok, let's do it. Anyone can post photographs. Make them arty.

We get some amazing sunsets here. I am looking across to Yorkshire, the sun going down behind Drax Power Station. The best sunsets are when there are clouds in the sky.

ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: New Photography Thread.

Post by lancashire lass »

)t' wow - love how the steam clouds from the power station cross over and the sun rays are spread out. The horizon and power lines (are there also wind turbines?) in silhouette really add to the photo. I think it'd make a great photo on the topic of energy (sun, wind, coal)
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

This is an old photo of a close up of liverwort growing on the soil surface of a plant pot. I used a combination of extension tubes and close-up filters fitted on to a standard camera lens (which I mentioned in the Any new hobbies? topic) and then cropped the photo to the area that was in focus.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Now that is a close up. It would easily convert to a piece of textile art. The colours and textures are interesting.

ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A dog I used to walk for a friend. Got her to sit among the sugar beet. Sadly gone now. The owner has this picture in a frame.

I am interested in colour, contrasts, and composition.

ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I walked across the Humber Bridge yesterday, as I have done many times before. Looking for new angles for an interesting pic. A moody sky helps, so much depends on the position of the sun and clouds. Would have been better if I had managed to get the wheels of a passing lorry the other side of that four bar railing.

ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

This photo was taken on Malvern Hills (2011? while on a camping trip) I had got up early to walk up to the iron age fort British Camp with my old dog Pepper, and we were taking a breather on a bench when I was struck by the clouds and bright sunlight in front. I had to take about 4 or 5 photos and use photography software (Photoshop) to stitch them together (photomerge) to give the panoramic view.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Beautiful photos ladies. I have Ted's camera, but not a clue how to use it, let alone download the pictures, and my phone is basic.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

You are more advanced than me with this photography lark, LL. Nice landscape picture.
Our village church. The sun was going down and the floodlights were on. I put the flash on which picked out the branches on the tree. Close up it looks like a painting on canvas. No filters, no enhancement.

Any more pics from you budding photographers out there. Anyone can post.

ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

)reap( Looks quite atmospheric with the gravestones and the bare branches of the tree highlighted with the flash
Meanqueen wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 11:51 You are more advanced than me with this photography lark, LL
thank you but actually {warn} it was just clever photography software (shame it was on the laptop that died - too expensive to buy another) that enabled me to put several photos together to get that view
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Lucas in his favourite place on top of the chicken roof (under the cherry tree in blossom earlier this year) trying to look all innocent ....
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

So what did you do Ilona? To get the picture on the page.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Mo wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 10:13 So what did you do Ilona? To get the picture on the page.
it's possibly a right click of the mouse on a photo and copy the link and then paste. You can do this with FB photos BUT, there is a time out after a few weeks and then the image disappears (I posted loads in the my gardening thread (and Lucas) and now they have all gone {cry} )
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, just tried, there was an option to copy image, and to Paste on here (paste was in bold so must have thought there was something there. But it never showed anything