9/11 tv documentaries

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

9/11 tv documentaries

Post by lancashire lass »

All day yesterday, Sky history and National Geographic (maybe other channels I don't know about - I found it easier to download and watch without all the adverts) had been showing a series of documentaries covering the events that happened on the 11th September 2001 (World Trade Centre, Pentagon, Flight 93, President Bush) using both well-known as well as unseen video footage from tv reporting and members of the public. Some people may probably not have wanted to watch the documentaries for whatever reasons (if they had been able to access those channels) but I thought the documentaries were all well put together to give an account of the people who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances and what they did. There were some scenes like those who jumped which was unsettling, but there were also acts of bravery and kindness.

There was a 6 part series (9/11: One day in America) of those who were caught up in the day, from the fire officers and paramedics attending, people who had escaped from the Twin Towers, onlookers from neighbouring buildings or on the streets and tv reporters who survived. The video footage collated together of those who were unaware they were being filmed was shown - such as a businessman who helped a seriously injured woman to an ambulance. It was really quite moving with some remarkable stories of how they all survived - I had to smile at the interview of the chef who had popped into the cold room (the door closed on him) and when he came out, he found the kitchen and restaurant was empty of people and had been totally unaware of what had happened until he went outside. The story of the fire officers trapped in the North tower who survived because a casualty they were helping had stopped between a particular flight of stairs and could not go on - if they had been one flight of stairs up or had not stopped at that precise spot would not have made it alive when the tower collapsed.

I don't know if all the documentaries were commissioned by the 9/11 Memorial and Museum but although sad at times, I can recommend watching them.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: 9/11 tv documentaries

Post by fabindia »

I watched the one on BBC that timelined the day with George Bush. Very interesting how they got on to Air Force One and in the air quickly because the security forces believed there could have been a direct attack on the president.
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: 9/11 tv documentaries

Post by sandy »

I had been reading an extract of a book a lady survivor is writing which was very hard going. I have taped the itv programme and can only watch it in bits .I was in Ireland on the day, when i got back to work my always laid back manager was so angry that people like us, bankers, had had to go through such horrors.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/