Animal sentience. Who do you believe

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Mo
Legendary Laner

Animal sentience. Who do you believe

Post by Mo »

All the campaigning groups asked me to sign petitions, etc.
My mp refered to this government statement that Britain is already better than EU

What do you think?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Animal sentience. Who do you believe

Post by lancashire lass »

I was upset when it was announced on the news but there seems to be a lot of back tracking on what exactly the vote meant ... I'm still confused about it.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Mmmm., I guess I should say I voted remain so if my reply appearsbiased I apologize.

The thing is they have made it very clear that all rules and regs etc. will be transferred to the UK Government as they are.

Problem is they've also said that as soon as this is done, we can change it if we want.

I really do fear for environmental issues.

But, I accept the vote and just keep my fingers crossed.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

I personally think it was 'fake news' which many jumped on.
Hard to believe, but we are a civilised Country and there is no way we would treat animals, as non sentient beings.
So much going on about slaughter houses etc. and their treatment. I think there would be anarchy if a bill was passed to say they were non sentient beings
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

a little off topic, but Wendy you may me interested in the Hope For Horses petition
https://hopeforhorses.co.uk/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It was started by a local farrier a few years ago & I've followed them on facebook. People often complained that rspca werent helping some of the horses, but there were some issues about when they could and couldnt intervene, especially when travellers are involved. Alot of these horses are bred for meat.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant