Finding products "not tested on animals"

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
kitla
Legendary Laner

Finding products "not tested on animals"

Post by kitla »

I'm finding this more & more difficult these days when shopping in the bigger stores. It's something I feel strongly about, as animal testing is outdated & unnecessary in almost all cases yet still happens. However I'm pleased to discover that most of tescos own stuff is labelled with the bunny symbol. Yesterday I bought deoderant, handcream and dishwasher tabs & in every case the ONLY one on the shelf that stated "not tested on animals" was their own brand! (and thus the cheapest) Maybe its because most of the products are made by the same few huge companies! I think alot of sainsbrys own is ntoa too, not sure about the others yet - I will investigate!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Re: Finding products "not tested on animals"

Post by wildlifemad »

I am ashamed to say I never look at labels for that BUT will from now on. I love all things wildlife (hence my name on here!) Thank you Kitla for making me sit up & think about it.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Shopping can get a bit complicated sometimes! so many things to check, sometimes - if I have time - I'm meticulous about it, I work out the prices to make sure I've getting the best value, check the smallprint for nasty ingredients, I try & avoid added perfumes, chemical things that are tested on animals, foods containing palm oil where possible (v bad for your health & vv bad for the environment). Then there's meat that has to be as high welfare as possible & organic veg when its not too expensive.....it goes on & on!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Yes, a grand reminder to many I'm sure.

Thanks

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I didn't know about the bunny logo so thank you for the info Kitla. I hate the thought of how some animals suffer. Like you I look at labels but it can be so time consuming when shopping. I wish I could afford to go organic but some goods are so expensive, especially meat but I do understand why.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I also try to avoid parabens and nasty chemicals used in toiletries and make up but it does make shopping a bit time consuming. When I have a bit of time I have a look at product info online and more companies do seem to be going this way as well as not testing on animals which is good. Admittedly you do sometimes have to pay a premium though which can be off putting if you're on a budget as most of us are }hairout{
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx