Climate change - the science & the solutions

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Climate change - the science & the solutions

Post by lancashire lass »

As part of my personal development / appraisal at work, I have (once again) been roped into the green impact issues on my list of things to do in the next 12 months .... my employer is keen to be seen green as much as possible: such as new buildings are low or zero carbon rated, and established buildings and procedures examined and greener alternates where possible, are put into place (there is some funding available where some items might be expensive)

Anyway, there's not a lot that can be changed in my area and most of it has already been implemented. However, I thought I should instead spend time learning and understanding the issues rather than paraphrase what has already been dumbed down for the benefit of the public. I've followed a number of courses on FutureLearn before (they are short free online courses - anything from 2 - 5 weeks long and you do it at your own pace but an average 3 hours per week which fits in with my lunch breaks at work, join in the discussions if you want, and there's plenty of time in case you are on holiday / poorly / join the course late before the course expires. There's usually a repeat 3-6 months later if you missed out)

For those like me who want to know more, or simply be persuaded that climate change really is happening, I can highly recommend their course Climate Change: the science to get a better understanding of how scientists have concluded that global warming is man-made (it's not really that technical so don't let the "science" bit put you off the course) and then there's a follow up course called Climate Change: the solutions which I'm currently following.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Climate change - the science & the solutions

Post by fabindia »

Looks a really interesting site. Will have a look in details later.
Michael