Mouse in the airing cupboard!!

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Mouse in the airing cupboard!!

Post by Spreckly »

Thought there was a funny smell for the past two days, and should have realised that I had an unwanted guest in the airing cupboard, next to the cylinder. Yuk. It was no longer alive, so I picked up the complete article and chucked it on the fire.

Today I have set my two humane traps, and youngest son has set ordinary traps in the garage.

It is months and months since we had a mouse inside, and OH had in the past thought he had sealed all the holes up, but they get in somewhere.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Mouse in the airing cupboard!!

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, Spreckly I know only too well that awful smell from a dead mouse. I think it is one of the worst smells I have had the misfortune to be privy to.
Hopefully now the traps are set you can sort it out. They are cunning things and can squeeze through the smallest of holes.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well don't know a dead mouse smell. But a dead rat is dreadful.

Today I caught the 14th mouse in about 3 weeks. Everyone thinks they are coming in, once I release them. But I have had two quite distictive ones that I haven't seen since, letting them go.
Had a good clean round, taken everything out of the utility and can see no holes etc. I still think it is a litter. As they started quite small and now are 'mouse' size.

The mouse hunt continues. {rofwl}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Has the smell gone now, Spreckly?
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Have you had anymore visitors, Wendy?
wendy

Post by wendy »

I caught the 15th on Monday.
I have taken the kick board off one of the cupboard, where I found the nest. In my ironing bag }hairout{ 2 Eygiptian duvet covers ruined ! But no holes under there }hairout{

There is another around. But I have a guy coming on Monday. Because I need a logical head on it and I am far from logical {rofwl}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The mouse smell went very soon after removing it from the airing cupboard. Poor you Wendy, they need removing or they will be breeding like mad. I hope you get sorted.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am pleased to hear that the smell went quickly, Spreckly and you have not had anymore visitors.
The problem with all rodents is that they breed so prolifically and we have buckley's chance of getting rid of them totally. Hopefully Wendy, you will soon be rid of the little critters.