Eat Free Range

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
OldForum
Lively Laner

Eat Free Range

Post by OldForum »

Amy
I found this web site when looking for research for a presentation at college. I would just like to say that me and my family have been eating free range eggs for years now, we buy them from a local farm. As well as knowing that the chickens are well looked after, the eggs are much better quality! I would encourage anyone to eat free range!!

Chicken
I my family have had Organic Free Range Eggs for a while now. There is no way I am going back to those so called 'enriched' battery eggs. The Free - Range eggs taste much better {can't even remember what the battery eggs taste like anyway- weve bought free range for a fairly long time}. Even forced the family to get a Free Range Chicken for Christmas Dinner. I can't think what living in that condition would be like. {Well, I do, but you know what I mean}

Remember- NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING OTHER THAN FREE RANGE! {I get upset when seeing Batter Meat and Eggs. Horrible.

And something else- Read this on a box of eggs. I think the brand was called 'Columbia'. Or something like that.

"Hens living in carfully controlled caged conditions, fed on a vegitarian diet"

Makes me sick.

Mo
I am not a vegetarian but I try to buy free range meat. What shoould I look for to show me that the animals have had a good life.(I am not so bothered that they have been fed on Organic food though that is a bonus).

Also Jim likes to have some cooked meat for a sandwich and none of the packets that I've seen are animal friendly.

So many labels, do we trust them?

AnnaB
Check the label on 'Fresh egg pasta' - I was horrified to find it contained eggs from battery hens.
I'm glad I'm eating totally organic eggs from my ex-battery girls - they deserve all the treats after their terrible start in life.

Richard
Absolutely - that's half the problem, we can buy free range, but in a lot of cases eat all sorts of foods which have eggs in from the 'wrong source'.

I just wish that prices would reflect this.

I don't know, but would I be right in saying that Supermarkets which publicise their 'no caged hen eggs in any of our food' are more expensive ?