Maran Bantam cockerel Free (Shropshire)

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Lynne
Lively Laner

Maran Bantam cockerel Free (Shropshire)

Post by Lynne »

We bought 5 chickens several weeks ago. One of the Maran's was meant to be a cockerel but hey presto, both are! I need to find one of them a good home. I know it's a big ask. He's free ranging on half an acre at the minute but I appreciate I can't ask for similar! I'd be grateful of any free range home. The seller DID say that if any of the other 4 chickens turned out to be cockerels he would have them back as he has people after the cockerels for cockerel fighting {warn} so he won't be going back there.

The cockerels are getting along fine together at the moment, but what has brought everything to a head is that one of them really attacked our elderly Westie today. He wouldn't back off either! We've kept chickens for about 7 years in total and never had that happen before! Really full of himself being young and virile I think!

If you can help please let me know. Have pics but not sure how to attach?

Thank you!

Steviebaby1953
Learner Laner

Re: Maran Bantam cockerel Free (Shropshire)

Post by Steviebaby1953 »

Did you find a home for your cockerel? Just lost ours and need a replacement. We've 12 ex bats free ranging in half an acre. Close to Hodnet. Steve
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Just read the 'fighting' comment.
I hope you reported him to the RSPCA or police (there is a wildlife crime section - unless it's been 'cut')
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

And reread. That was 2 years ago!!
Try a 'cockerel wanted' post, Steve.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Steviebaby1953 wrote:Did you find a home for your cockerel? Just lost ours and need a replacement. We've 12 ex bats free ranging in half an acre. Close to Hodnet. Steve

I can recommend the facebook group "cockerel trader", there's lots of people trying to find homes for cockerels on there (tis where I got my Bill)
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant