dozen chickens urgently need re-homing Bromley

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
BromleySimon
Learner Laner

dozen chickens urgently need re-homing Bromley

Post by BromleySimon »

Hi All,

I have a dozen healthy chickens (various common-or-garden hybrid breeds and great layers). I have to permanently leave the area (Bromley, Kent) at very short notice due to a family emergency and there is no-one to care for them in my absence. I am really struggling to find any new home for them. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: dozen chickens urgently need re-homing Bromley

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Hello Simon,
To help anyone who might be able to help what ages are they, do they all have to go together or are you happy to split the flock up and finally what sort of deadline are you working to, hours, days, weeks?
Good luck.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
BromleySimon
Learner Laner

Post by BromleySimon »

Totally Scrambled wrote:Hello Simon,
To help anyone who might be able to help what ages are they, do they all have to go together or are you happy to split the flock up and finally what sort of deadline are you working to, hours, days, weeks?
Good luck.
Dom

Hello Dom,
Many thanks for the reply. 4 of the birds are around 15 months old; 4 are around 20 months old and 4 are around 24 months old. They are (I think) 1 suffolk blacktail, 2 fenning sussex, 2 pied suffolk, 2 bovan nera, 2 speckeldy, 1 fenning white, & 2 white rangers. I am happy to split the flock. I have only until next weekend to sort it all out.

Simon
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

I will take any that you need homes for.
Do you want to have them back in the future if your cercumstances change or is this a more permante thing . Can collect as soon as you like.
Not to far away .
bob
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Ahh Bob, you are a star! )app(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

I love this place ...good on ya Bob )c(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
BromleySimon
Learner Laner

Post by BromleySimon »

jemberelli wrote:Ahh Bob, you are a star! )app(

Yes, Bob is indeed a star.

By way of an update, I'm happy to say that the situation has pretty much been resolved. However, I would nonetheless like to express my general thanks to the forum as a whole, and of course my particular thanks to Bob with his marvellous & unconditional offer.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Not a problem , hope it all goes well in Manchester .
Always welcome to touch base here .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , See you tomorrow Simon, 10.00 am ,have post code . ( Beware tunnel traffic - I will ring if get delayed by it. )
Best
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Simon, Just a note they are all settling well. Had a holiday in boarding , back home with me and will get to know them much better as more time being available soon.
Lovelly girls and you looked after them well. (Love black berries and wind fall apples ).
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi ,Simon , No problems with your girls. Settled in well and part of the family .
bob
BromleySimon
Learner Laner

Post by BromleySimon »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Hi Simon, Just a note they are all settling well. Had a holiday in boarding , back home with me and will get to know them much better as more time being available soon.
Lovelly girls and you looked after them well. (Love black berries and wind fall apples ).
Bob

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Hi ,Simon , No problems with your girls. Settled in well and part of the family .
bob

Hi Bob,

Firstly, my deepest apologies for not replying sooner - it's all been a little hectic here, organising & sorting everything which goes with a house move ...

Many thanks once again for taking in all 12 of my girls - above & beyond the call of duty! I miss them terribly, but I'm relieved that they have gone to such a good home & caring guardian, and I'm pleased that they are settling in well... and yes they are partial to blackberries, apples, and other windfall fruit - and in fact pretty much any edible items which may come within pecking-range )t'

Best wishes Simon
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , Simon, Feeding from hand and minds of their own . One has moved in with the old girls , The brown /(hybrid look a like is sleeping on the internal old roof . She sits there watching me with the torch . She has a hanging feed (Bird cage type ) for mid night snacks. She seems to like the fresh air . Did try putting her away but she went back next night . No harm , not bothered by the fox runningg around below her either. Place is a fort nox . Still making it even safer.
They have agood rummage in the garden and no the score to get to the front fot treats . Not arm sitters but they will eventually I am sure.
All well and hope your moving goes ok . keep in contact and I will give up dates.
Plenty of eggs as well as a bonus .
bob
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Oh dear, I missed this thread until now.

Great stuff Bob and I hope all is well with you Simon.

Happy endings....we like those )t' )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi Richard , Yes the girls settled in well. 10 sleep in the Wendy house (cockerel a dodle hall ) one sleeps in the run and the last joined the main flock in the summer house (Cluckingham Palace ) .Free ranging and feeding from hand and doing all the things chickens get up to . Good blend of colour .
Thanks again to Simon ,hope all is going well.
Bob