6-8 ex-batt girls need a home

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
bellap74
Learner Laner

6-8 ex-batt girls need a home

Post by bellap74 »

Hi everyone,

I posted a while back about taking in 12 ex-batt girls in November and they've made it safely through the monsoon winter and are loving the spring sunshine )t' But I also took on 8 more ex-batts a few weeks ago in an emergency with an hour's notice and now need to find a loving forever home for them.

A friend asked me to help out after her daughter had a domestic breakdown and had to leave her home - her other half cleared out her things, listed the coop on ebay and when the buyer didn't want the batts he was going to 'finish them' {mr.angry} So I took them in at very short notice and thankfully my girls have made room without too much grumbling. As it gets warmer and on a permanent basis my ark just isn't big enough for 18-20 girls and they deserve their own space.

Their original owner can't take them back, I honestly can't cope with more than my 12 girls for too much longer and it's breaking my heart because they're lovely ladies who have only been free since October. If anyone can help by taking some or all of the girls that would be wonderful. I'm between Sheffield and Chesterfield and can vouch for these being friendly ladies who I wormed upon taking in in February.

I've posted as 6-8 girls because at a push I could keep 2 but that would be me at max capacity >fi<
12 adorable ex-batt girls, 4 chilled cats, 2 hungry teenagers and a faithful Labarador

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: 6-8 ex-batt girls need a home

Post by KarenE »

Hi

What a sad story for your friend's daughter and for you and those girls. Sadly I can't help but just thinking it'd be worth cross posting this onto the facebook page as well, as there are lots of members there who may be able to help

Good luck finding them a home, and well done to you for giving them a temporary one
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bellap74
Learner Laner

Post by bellap74 »

Thanks Karen - have just posted on the FB group so will keep my fingers crossed. After what nearly became of them, they need a forever home and lots of love!
12 adorable ex-batt girls, 4 chilled cats, 2 hungry teenagers and a faithful Labarador
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Would the rescue that you got your hens from take them, if you can't find anyone?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
bellap74
Learner Laner

Post by bellap74 »

I did wonder that but I'm having trouble getting a response from their former owner about where they came from - I only know she rehomed them in the Leeds area in October and they're ex-batts. My girls came from BHWT so will contact them and see if they can help.

If not it's going to be using the 'vet fund' to buy another coop and hoping nobody gets ill :?
bellap74
Learner Laner

Post by bellap74 »

Lovely girls have somewhere to go thanks to local Phoenix Rescue, so relieved that they'll definitely get a loving forever home )c( :-D )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

)like(
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Well done , first read and good news . off to read the next ones.
Bob