Free Range Homes wanted for Poland Cockerels

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
ChobeChicken
Learner Laner

Free Range Homes wanted for Poland Cockerels

Post by ChobeChicken »

Hi there,
I am new to this forum and in desperate need of help. I have some Poland Cockerels, really beautiful boys which are coming upto16 weeks, unfortunately I can't keep them, living in an urban area. Neighbours happy about the hens, but have previously made remarks such as "You better not be thinking of keeping Cockerels". thats the polite one anyway.

The boys will be free to good homes only, don't bother contacting if you want them for cockerel fighting. If there is anyone interested in a white splash frizzle Poland or a Chamois Poland, please let me know. The decision to have them killed is not one I look forward to. I can upload photos soon.

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: Free Range Homes wanted for Poland Cockerels

Post by KarenE »

Hi there

Sorry to hear you're having to rehome your boys. You might have more luck posting a note on our Facebook site, and there's also a Facebook site called 'cockerel trader' that might help too.
You're right to be wary of fighting, and perhaps watch out for people who are only interested in the pot (although if they raise them to adulthood and give them a good life first that may be different)

Good luck
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper