HOME NEEDED FOR LONELY EX BATT

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Moll
Learner Laner

HOME NEEDED FOR LONELY EX BATT

Post by Moll »

Hi,

I'm a new user to this forum, but have been viewing the forum for some years ever since we took on our first ex batts.

We now have one lonely hen, as her companion died last week, old age we think. We would like to find her a happy new home as we are not in the position to have any more hens at the moment due to a house move. She was still laying every day until this week.

We are in Oxfordshire (near Oxford) and can deliver the hen plus what feed we have at the moment and shavings if wanted.

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Re: HOME NEEDED FOR LONELY EX BATT

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi if you cannot rehome , I will always have her .
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

how old is she Moll?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Moll
Learner Laner

Post by Moll »

Thanks Bob and Kitla,

In answer to your question Kitla, she is about four or five years old.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

hello again, I'm considering offering to take on your hen (that's very non-committal of me!) I like that shes about the same age as my current hens, I dont mind about eggs but I need to think about how she'd cope with Bill's attention - I presume you didnt have a cockerel? He's fairly gentle with his girls & having him there does help with the intoductions. He also takes turns with each hen being his "special girl" for a few days, they are chaperoned round the garden, he finds them food, dustbaths with them & makes them nests in the flowerbeds. I currently have 2 brahmas, a bantam orpington & a pekin ranging the garden with him - and a blind bantam that has her own run. They have free run of the garden, my late ex batts used to love exploring. What do you think? does your hen have a name? what is she like?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Kitla , Hi go for it , Hens going back to nature -Needs a man for sure.
Desmond is not a gentleman for sure and cuddles is not a lady . He has not won her favours for sure.
Hope you do and it goes well , nearer than me.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I am going to rehome Moll's lonely hen (quite excited! :-D ) I thought that the ideal thing would be to find another single ex batt to pair her up with, then to introduce them together. So if anyone knows of anyone in the same situation as Moll please let me know.

I better go and tell Bill!
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Good for you another result .
Bob