Rehomings 2021

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
sandy
Legendary Laner

Rehomings 2021

Post by sandy »

Luckily rehomings for BHWT have restarted. I do two sites, at Berkeley we have a lovely hug barn with plenty of space outside for rehomers to drive just ourside the barn while we take the hens to them.At Weston we are in a carpark, yes a carpark we had five playpens put together with netting over them which was a bit of a nightmare as the hens were ex freerange and very lively although this time we had ex batties. Our trouble here is people can see the hens and try to crowd around to look at them, not idea in the covid climate.
We were so lucky with the weather, it poured down when the girls arrived in their crates, this time we had a pull up gazebo so they were well dry when we unloaded them while we were drenched then the sun came out thank goodness. This gave me an opportunity to do crowd control {rofwl} i spoke to each of the rehomers in the queue to ensure they were ready to take on the poor little baldie girls while carrying a girl under my arm. After 10 minutes i changed girls , it was so lovely to watch them look up at a sky they have never seen and feel the sun on their faces.
I would post a ton of photos but PB is being annoying.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Rehomings 2021

Post by sandy »

OMG not too hot on saturday! So lucky we have a nice open planned barn to welcome the 200 odd little exbats. Bless they were quite oven ready with one little soul who was not only n.aked of feathers but had some sort of rash on her skin. She was smothered in sudocreme and thank goodness was a feisty madame.
Another girl had quite a few feathers but was so thin you could hold her on a finger yike* Spent an hour syringing egg yolk(plenty of eggs the ladies always lay in the crates on their journey) and critical care formula . Popped her back in her poorly cage for a rest and joy she started eating her crumbs with gusto.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/