The Darling Buds of May

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
tonyd
Lively Laner

The Darling Buds of May

Post by tonyd »

Anyone watching this new series with Bradley Walsh?
Watched the first episode and thought I don't know if I like this or not, started watching episode two on Sunday and turned it off after I got side tracked and never went back to finish watching it.
I loved the original series and I usually enjoy remakes because a new director puts a different edge on things but I'm not sure about this one.
One thing is for for sure and that's Bradley Walsh is no David Jason.
tonyd
Lively Laner

Re: The Darling Buds of May

Post by tonyd »

Ok I have now watched the first 3 episodes and I am starting to enjoy it. I think its a bit corny and nothing like the original series BUT its Sunday night viewing just like it used to be years ago (think along the lines of forever green, down to Earth, Where the Heart Is) something you can watch with the grandchildren without the worry of bad language or t*ts and bums coming out the screen at you.
Its easy viewing but its story line also has one hell of a diverse population for a Kent village in the 1950s :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have not watched the new series. I suppose TDBM will always be David Jason, and Pam Ferris, but I do like Bradley Walsh. Catherine Zeta Jones was stunning also.

The new production of All Creatures Great and Small went down badly with me, but I became hooked on it after watching the second series, despite one or two inaccuracies.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I didnt like the original at all but enjoying this one
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The original series is on channel 10 around teatime. I am really enjoying it, didn't watch much the first time round, but it is an escape from reality.