Spring Watch

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
saint-spoon

Spring Watch

Post by saint-spoon »

for me this is always something I look forward to, although this year I have had to record it for viewing over the weekends. Currently enjoying the urban wildlife episode and wondering what other members think of this fantastic seasonal treat?
Bah Humbug
Steve the Gas

Re: Spring Watch

Post by Steve the Gas »

Brill, watched every one this week )t'
Infact watched all spring/autumnwatches since they have begun. :oops:
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

I ove the fact that my whole family sit down to enjoy spring/autuumn watch. Telly worth watching. Makes a change :?
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I used to love spring watch when it first started witn Kate and Bill and since hearing that Bill is on the mend i was really hoping he would come back to it {cry} I cant stand Chris Packham and since he spoils it for me i would now rather watch spring for myself while i am being taken for a walk at" stupid o clock"!!! Yesterday saw heron,huge family of long tailed tits and Mr and Mrs swan with 8 new signets )c( . Bring back Bill !!! )t' )c(
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I did prefer Bill but I can get along with Chris as there is still the regular line up of presenters and camera teams. Unfortunately this spring watch has been lined up with the final week of yet another cow-hell based phone-in make me famous show meaning alongside the usual blanket covering of soaps means that the front room is a no go area for me from the evening news until the news at ten so I might get to watch yesterdays SW once the tabloid telly has finished in the morning. (on leave at the moment so I have this luxury)
Bah Humbug
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

I keep forgetting to watch it )gr: But I shall make a point of seeing it this evening. What time is it on?? It is a shame Bill Oddie is still not in it, but I do like Chris Packham.
madmum wrote:
Yesterday saw heron,huge family of long tailed tits and Mr and Mrs swan with 8 new signets . Bring back Bill !!!

Once I did a weeks cylce trip around Holland, and I counted 67 Herons!! I love Herons :-D
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

8pm beeb2 )t'
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Sorry I dont like Chris Packham either. Not sure why. I think he is rather sanctimonious. Sorry everyone.
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I like SW and all the peeps in it really, Bill is was good, though a little patronising.
Chris IMO gives a little more facts and I like facts - geeky I spose perhaps??
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Fair one Steve, CP does give a lot of facts but he does also put forward a lot of his own opinions with which some folk would not agree. CP did quite controversially state that throwing money at saving animals such as Pandas was a waste as they were already doomed and the money could be better spent elsewhere (I think that it was pandas anyway). Obviously putting down cuddly for the benefit of less desirable creatures likes newts isn’t to everyone’s liking. Bill used to muck around but was as equally passionate about wildlife and was by far the better birder IMO.
Bah Humbug