Re: Last tango in Halifax

Post by perchy »

I really enjoyed it too )t'
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Me too, lovely to have it back!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
manda

Post by manda »

The first series just started here in NZ a couple of weeks ago but i had already watched it on you tube after you all talked about it )grin2(
Fingers crossed someone else puts it on You tube this time so I can watch it again....I loved the first series.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm still watching this, but there are so many twists and turns in the story now, I think I'm losing the plot. I'm wondering who is going to end up with who. I liked the original story of two elderly people getting together, but they seem to be getting buried in all the drama of their families. I like the humour best and there isn't much now. I will stick it out though to see what happens in the end.
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Same with me Ilona )t' )t'

Losing a bit of it's simplicity - and I like simplicity !!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

Still good to watch. But it is never the same with a sequel is it ?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I watched the last episode of the present series last night, I presume number six was the last one as there was no preview of the next one. It looked as if they upped the drama content by flashing the storyline backwards and forwards. A bit difficult to keep up. I think that the appearance of Kate could have been presented a bit better, maybe fuzzed up the picture so it appeared more ghost like rather than the actual person.

Looks like we will have to wait another year for the next series. probably skip a bit, Alan and Celia back from Australia, maybe Robbie and Gillian getting divorced, and Gary and his moaning missus separating. Who knows what will happen next. Going by the last scenes, I wouldn't rule out Caroline and Gillian getting together. Twists and turns, eh!
Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

I gave up on it two episodes back I'm afraid.

For me, another really good concept drama changed into a complicated as they can make it script with 'spectacular' events.

Just my opinion.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Richard, I am in total agreement! The twists and turns have become too much and I am finding certain characters totally unlikeable, such a shame.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Anyone heard if this is coming back in the new year?
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

If it does come back in 2016, we shall not be watching it!
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Well I liked all of it. And Nicola (Walker?) has cropped up in many excellent dramas since filming the first series so it's nice to see her being recognised. I only stuck with that daft thing with the Norwegian detective (can't remember that name either) because she was so good. What a change from the tightly buttoned up Ruth in Spooks.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Have to say the storylines got way over the top for me, but everyone to their own.

First series was great.

Richard )t'
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Possibly I don't find the storylines as outrageous as you Richard. As a Samaritan volunteer I am no longer surprised by anything (much).
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

True - I know someone close to me who was a Samaritian years ago - had a Javelin thrown at her !!!!

Think I just like the more gentle problems rather than biggies :-D :-D

Richard )t'