Fabulous Fashionistas

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Fabulous Fashionistas

Post by Meanqueen »

Did anyone watch Fabulous Fashionistas on Tuesday night? I caught up with it on 4oD. Six women in their seventies and eighties, who are living their lives to the full. They don't care what anyone thinks of them, they wear what they like, they go to work, and one of them has a husband 27 years younger than her. It's refreshing, funny, and a bit sad at times when they recall their lives with partners who have passed away. These women are getting on with it in their own way. I love people who are unique with a quirky personality. Worth a watch, it's also on yoootoob.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fabu ... nistas/4od

Ilona
>mmm<
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Fabulous Fashionistas

Post by albertajune »

Thanks for putting up the link as I missed the actual program. I was told that it was very good. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
milli
Longlasting Laner

Post by milli »

I absolutely loved it, the colour and style in these ladies lives was wonderful to see. A really good programme )t' they were living life to the full.
15 ex batty girls, 2 rescue jack russels and one very naughty Shih Tzu puppy who rules the household!!!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

milli wrote:I absolutely loved it, the colour and style in these ladies lives was wonderful to see. A really good programme )t' they were living life to the full.

Seconded! Thoroughly enjoyed it )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

I've watched it a couple of times, these women are truly inspirational!
Julie x
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It was interesting although I liked some of them much more than others! Also the programme as a whole I really enjoyed, but there were bits/things said that really irritated me.

Oooh, seems I am turning into Victor Meldrew +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

p.penn wrote:It was interesting although I liked some of them much more than others! Also the programme as a whole I really enjoyed, but there were bits/things said that really irritated me.

Oooh, seems I am turning into Victor Meldrew +f+

Tell us which bits irritated you Helen, I lime to hear other people's perspective :-D
Julie x
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well, there was the bit where one lady was boasting that she would never just sit in a chair in an old people's home.....I thought it was very unfeeling. I can't imagine anyone wishes that upon themselves, they are just not fortunate enough to have the ability to look after themselves. She came across as if she thought was superior to them.

Also, for some reason, the campaigning bit really got on my nerves. Much of it appeared contrived to me, possibly for the programme. Other bits too.

On the plus side I thought most of them looked wonderful - couldn't believe the ages of some of them too. Also, I really admired the ones who had lost their partners and completely changed direction. Hard to do at any age, let alone after a lifetime together.

Funnily enough I saw an old lady walking down the street yesterday and wondered if she had seen the programme. She had got the fashion thing all wrong though and looked an absolute sight {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just watched this programme on catch up, what a fantastic bunch of ladies. Love their attitude and fashion even though some were rather way out. They sound as though they get every last single bit out of life.