Garden workshop By Bunny Guinness

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
barboo
Lively Laner

Garden workshop By Bunny Guinness

Post by barboo »

Evening all,
Have you ever been to someones house and in the garden you see something that really takes your fancy, something you dont see around every corner?

Well "Bunny Guinness's book "garden workshop" has lots of good "simple to do garden projects.

One project i did in my last house and the amount of people who came to view the house when we put it up for sale and said they liked that !!!!

It was a squared dug out 3inch deep 3feet sq piece of the path ending infront of the shed,

What i'd done was to fill the area with concrete mixed in the wheel barrow and once the area was filled i then used broken clay plant pots to push into the concrete in the shape of a chicken, (it's up to you what design you choose)
then using fine pea size stones "these we're pushed in all areas around all the clay design so that when it all dried,
you had a chicken and white background pea sized stones, this lasted for years and i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't still there today.

This book is full of projects and advice, it's got such a simple way of making a nice wooden compost bin that im sure anyone without DIY skills could make it's that simple to do.

Garden inner gate.
Another good idea i again made from this book was an inner garden gate for my then allotment,
I say inner because it was the gate used to get to my raised beds, i had all this area fenced off to keep pets off the beds And needed a gateway entrance.
All it was was a frame made of scrap wood and the inner area of this gate shaped frame i used three old worn out tools,
IE a spade /a fork & a leaf rake,
the spade was fixed inside the gate on one side, the fork fixed inside the gate on the opposit side and the leaf rake fitted in the centre "All mounted as part of the gate frame so these tools couldn't be removed from the gates frame,
then the gate was fixed via two post.

These we're old worn out tools used to make a country gate that looked different "alway's" a talking point and a useable item for the garden.
This book has so many different projects from sculpture to herb cloche.

The books by David & charles and it cost £19.99PENCE
GOOGLE FOR WHO'S SUPPLING IT.

Plenty of ideas for winter gardening projects.