Dads Army

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Dads Army

Post by mrs boodles »

Just seen on line daily paper that they are going to make a new Dads Army film. Can`t see how they can top the series or the film that was made, new one wouldn't be the same.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Re: Dads Army

Post by bluebell »

Have you seen who is going to be in movie??

Toby Jones, Bill Nighy, Sir Tom Courtenay, Sir Michael Gambon, Daniel Mays, that tall lad from the inbetweeners will be Pike and Catherine Zeta Jones (er, don't think she will be playing Pike's mum) :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

"Vot is your name" "Don't tell him Pike" {rofwl} how can they top a classic like that?

Be interesting though, we went to see a stage production a few years ago with Leslie Grantham (used to be Den in Eastenders) playing Walker and it was quite good....
perchy

Post by perchy »

I am on the fence here, I loved it but I do like the new line up especially Toby Jones, I am a little in love with him after Marvellous +f+

Don't tell Mr P {warn}
PixieDust
Lively Laner

Post by PixieDust »

We love the original Dad's Army. OH said he's not interested. I would watch if it were on TV just to see Tom Courtney who I love. Fabulous actor IMHO.
4 Girls Arrive 15th November 2014
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

The original is a 'classic', the fact is it is still funny 40 years on. Arthur Lowe was a fantastic actor, not only in dad's army but in Coronation Street, the Lady Vanishes, No s.ex Please, etc.

But .... the new cast looks great Bill Nighy, will be interesting as Wilson. So let's not pre-judge.
Michael