vera

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

vera

Post by sandy »

So looking forward to this, oh dear I was really disappointed as I got bored. And please bring back Joe
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
tosca100
Lively Laner

Re: vera

Post by tosca100 »

Glad I'm not alone, it was too long, longer than a feature film.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I missed this one but did enjoy the first. I now don't feel so disappointed as it doesn't sound so gripping.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ah JUne I was talking about the first one in the caravan site, didnt like it at all but really enjoed the one about the miners, funny how opinions differ :-D
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Well I've seen the first one only (so far) and have to agree Joe's not being there is a shame. But if an actor doesn't want to do something, they can't force him.

We'd rather than one 2 hour detective show than two one hour ones. With the adverts zapped through they're only a maximum of 102 minutes long anyway, though more likely 92 mins if prime time shows like Vera, DCI Banks, etc. I have a friend who's a TV producer, in sports mainly, and he tells me it's 9 minutes of adverts per hour on average, but longer during prime shows and fewer after about 11pm. E4, for example, is allowed to show 42 minute US shows advert free after 1am, so they can have more adverts during the day. Just so long as it doesn't go over the regulation so many per hour average, that is.
I asked him after realising I'd recorded a Franklin and Bash one night and there were no ad breaks. After being told, I've noticed it's 4 minutes or more of ads per break in prime, only one or maybe two later or early in the morning.
Yes, I know it's a bit geeky to know this stuff, but I find it interesting {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Finally started to watch the second Vera.

One thing is for sure, we won't find it boring no matter what. George Costigan's in it (the missing girl's dad) and he's not only a favourite stage actor of ours but his son Naill (also an actor) follows my dog on Twitter (long story).
Last time we saw George he was wearing grey jogging pants that didn't fit, mismatched socks and brown leather dress shoes while reading through and directing some Shakespeare starring Patterson Joseph - it was probably the most surreal evening we've ever had and frankly even if he turns out to be a murderer on Vera I'll still find an excuse for his behaviour :-D
He's also the best put-down man ever when a theatre audience phone goes off mid-play.
I admire him enormously for that skill alone {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)