I Have seen it all now!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

I Have seen it all now!

Post by urbanchicks »

I have watched Countryfile for a few years now and recognise it does not equate to the reality that is going on in farming today,tonight I am disgusted they have painted a horse to show all it's muscles etc ,what to prove ? I have to say that the recent negative publicity on this programme is correct and justifiable.

Maggie.
tosca100
Lively Laner

Re: I Have seen it all now!

Post by tosca100 »

But Counrtyfile is not Farming Today and covers all sorts of countryside matters. Riding is predominantly a country sport and as with other items, sometimes it's interesting to see another angle, many people, including the riders themselves, have no idea about the skeleton and muscles of the animal bearing their (sometimes quite considerable) weight and a snapshot of how they work is surely a good thing if it makes them think. As so many riders have no idea how their poor riding affects the horse and blame the animal when things go wrong this is surely a good way of pointing out that we need to think about it.

They can't please everybody in their programmes. There is a lot I don't like to see and there is an off button and in my case a fast forward as it is on too late to watch live. Yes, it is a different programme to what it was in the old half hour morning one, and I don't like a couple of the presenters but things move forward and after all these years there have to be other angles covered, there are only so many times you can cover bovine TB or the plight of the water vole. More and more people are using the countryside as leisure space, sometimes giving land owners and farmers new ways of earning a living in troubled farming times.
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: I Have seen it all now!

Post by Spreckly »

We only watch the programme for the weather forecast, which is not without mistakes.