Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by Richard »

I think the word is probably 'camp', somewhat Eurovision.

I agree, far too much silliness. At least Gleb got Claudia back at her own game last night. Kind of she's always asking for it, so he gave it to her. Completely threw her out and she didn't have an answer to it :-D :-D
I'm afraid I tend to think she likes the sound of her own voice.

Ooo, don't you love me when I get to the point :-D

But, same as you, I still watch it, love to see improvements and how some can achieve things they thought they never would.
Even those who go out before the better ones, most of which have had training or used to an audience.

I'm rooting for Anita, she probably won't win it, but from Wellies to that is something else.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Post by Richard »

Have to say that Anita and Georgia are just getting better and better.

Special praise for Anita, unlike some has no education in dance, Jay went to specific dance school etc.

Peter Andre nailed that Charleston though :)

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ballroom dancing to Going Underground? What next the waltz to Prodigy?
Have to say would love Katie to win because I want Anton to win after all her previous partners they lumbered him with
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So Jeremy has gone, I know he wasn't the best dancer but sure gonna miss him, like Len said always entertaining.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Richard

Post by Richard »

Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, even the BBC Blog flooded with Jemelia being deemed to have danced better than Peter tonight along with accusations everywhere that it was fixed.
Didn't help that Jemelia was scored better than Peter in the first dances and he certainly didn't improve in the dance off.

Apparently a member of the Blackpool audience said the Producer told the audience to re-take the applause at the end of Peter's dance giving him a standing ovation!

Noted were that Darcy's head was hanging in shame when the result was announced and that Bruno's appearance was not a comfortable one.

Must admit I was amazed that Peter stayed after that performance.
Why have a dance off? Just throw out the one from the two who had the least combined Judges and Public vote.

I think Judges sincerely gave Peter a low vote on his performance but thought he was sure to get loads of viewers votes so had no chance of being in the dance off.

Doesn't help the cause, Ola is leaving because she's believed that for sometime.

Oooooooooo, what gossip :-D

Richard
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

That has really shocked me yike*

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I'm surprised no-one has started a thread for the 2016 Strictly Come Dancing.

To be honest, I'm not a fan and never shown an interest in watching the show, especially with the thought of it involving celebrities. It was only when it came up in a BBC Breakfast show with a clip of Ed Balls dancing, that I decided to start watching on a Saturday evening. I've been impressed with the talent of most dancers and enjoyed it, but I have to confess, I really watch out to see what Ed Balls will do next - last week's Salsa, Gangnam style had me in stitches.

I can understand why many people might think he shouldn't be still in the competition while more talented people are being voted out, but I wouldn't be watching the show now if it hadn't been for Ed Balls.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I am watching this year but am a bit confused as to whether it is a dancing program or whether the entertainment factor more important.
I love to see the dancing and must admit that Ed Balls is actually dancing to a degree. I see it as a dancing program and get annoyed when better dancers than him are voted off. We often hear that he is entertaining us but if this is more important than the actual dancing, why such harsh critique from the judges about the dancing! I do think that the BBC are pushing him forward. I hear that this week he will descend onto the floor sitting at a piano. {rofwl}
A big however! The public are the ones who vote on who stays, so he is what lots of people want.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I watch it but this year I haven't enjoyed it as much but I have to admit, I think Ed Balls is brilliant. Ok his dancing isn't up to standard of others but what fantastic fun his routines are and he certainly brings a smile to my face.
Richard

Post by Richard »

As Bruno said "The best worst dance ever".
Fair enough, he may be coming over the dance types as a joke, but he's light footed and some of the moves !!!!!!!
The two over used expressions - outside of his comfort zone and journey.

I'm rooting for Louise and Judge Rinder myself.

Whatever, a nice escape from doom and gloom news.

Richard )t' )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I find Ed Balls very entertaining, unlike other not so good dancers in the past he does actually try to dance. Last weeks had me in hysterics as did tonights great balls of Ed. Okay so the 'better' dancers are being voted off before him but there is only going to be one winner in the end, so when he is gone they will be facing one another in the dance off. Besides its not as if they are going to make it their career?

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I hope Ed Balls does make the final, he brings a bit of fun into show and even the judges think he is improving.
I think I read somewhere that one of the celebs has had dance training before so they have a bit of an unfair advantage .
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

sandy wrote:Okay so the 'better' dancers are being voted off before him but there is only going to be one winner in the end, so when he is gone they will be facing one another in the dance off

that's a good point about there being only one winner, so as to when the others gets voted off, would happen eventually one week or other

mrs boodles wrote:I hope Ed Balls does make the final, he brings a bit of fun into show and even the judges think he is improving.

I was watching his foot work and it was actually okay. Unbelievably, he is through to the next round
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes it is a good point about only one winner, I think we all know that's between three dancers, possibly four.

I see that Gorka was beaten up after the show whilst on way to a Night Club
Two teeth broken causing surgery today.
Welcome to Blackpool !!!

However, Saturday was going to be Gregs final day I think.
He can go off and do his ski-ing now !

Richard )t' )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So Ed has gone, probably just about the right time as yesterday's dance wasn't upto his usual 'standard'. The most horrying thing thing so far was last week's guests. Jim Kerr has certainly lost his voice yike*