Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by lancashire lass »

I enjoyed last night's Blackpool Strictly - all the dancers were very good ... I think we are reaching a stage where it will be a shock whoever loses the dance off. I'm still in favour of Kelvin or Kazim winning but the field is definitely getting much more competitive and I'm feeling less confident now.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I was very disappointed with Michelle Visage. It is a dancing competition, not armography. I don't read the spoilers but apparently it is another shock elimination.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Michelle Visage is a really good dancer but didn't dance so may again be in the dance off. I have no idea who might win this year as all are good. It might be a case of most liked personality.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I agree i really enjoyed saturday's show, everyone danced so well , it was excellent entertainment )t'
I agree with Michelle's dance though, thought they could have added some dancing in the mid section, inevitable the outcome i am afraid on sunday
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

the final is going to be hard this year, apart from Chris, who i thought was better than Alex in the dance off, they are all as good as the professionals
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Strictly Come Dancing is back )t' I missed it on Saturday night - I tend to save some tv series I do enjoy and watch them over the weekend so was unaware that it was even on (which surprised me as normally the BBC advertise it well in advance but I haven't seen anything) After watching the news this morning of the new line up, I was able to download Saturday's session from iPlayer.

I think I've already found 3 that are likely to be voted out in the first weeks of the competition, but then again, it never ceases to amaze me how some manage to survive. I haven't got any favourites yet but it looks like an interesting line up. I've set my tv box to record next Saturday's, just in case I forget again.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I'm looking forward to next week when the dancing starts. I don't have any idea yet who I think will be good . It usually takes me a couple of weeks to start developing an opinion which usually turns our wrong.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

I enjoyed last night's Strictly line up - my earlier comments about who may likely leave first still stand but overall I thought all the dancers did well and some have potential to do better. Maisie Smith (anyone else notice the mistake at the end?) and HRVY were very good, even Ranvir Singh started off well. I'm not sure about the Nicola Adams/Katya pairing ... one of those wait and see how it goes later in the competition.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Everyone this year is so good so hard to guess a winner. So nice to see Anton in the role as a judge, at least it gives him something to do as with social distancing he cant do a group dance, as i presume they were all pre-recorded, and he cant be up the stairs when the contestants await their scores.

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

lancashire lass wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 16:06 I think I've already found 3 that are likely to be voted out in the first weeks of the competition
My original assessment was as expected. JJ Chalmers was another I expected to leave sooner.

The 5 semi-finalists line-up: Maisie Smith, Ranvir Singh, Bill Bailey, HRVY and Jamie Laing

I'm putting my bet on either Ranvir Singh or HRVY as possible winners this year. Unlike Bill Bailey, Jamie Laing and Maisie Smith don't seem to be popular with the home audiences (a Saturday judge gives them a good mark but they end up in the dance-offs) Although they have all learned dancing skills, I think Ranvir and HRVY are surging ahead.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

lancashire lass wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 18:41I'm putting my bet on either Ranvir Singh or HRVY as possible winners this year.
Elegance and grace versus youth and energy I think. In the end the popular vote may well favour the former.
Michael
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It would be nice for someone not so young to win it !!

That means Ranvir or Bill.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I would like Bill to win it

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

As ever, the great British public have voted out a great dancer and left in the popular slebs. I thought Ranvir really deserved to stay to the end.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Freeranger wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 11:03 As ever, the great British public have voted out a great dancer and left in the popular slebs. I thought Ranvir really deserved to stay to the end.
Agree that I would have preferred Rabvir to stay. However, in the end it wasn't the public who voted her off, it was the judges, ultimately, Shirley who had the final choice. Shirley obviously knows her stuff so unfortunately Ranvir was eliminated.

I would like Bill to win - he's done really well to get to the finals. He may not be the best dancer but I wouldn't begrudge him the public vote.
Michael