Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by Freeranger »

However, in the end it wasn't the public who voted her off, it was the judges, ultimately, Shirley who had the final choice.
Well yes, true, but from a choice of two.
I agree that the judges and especially Shirley are the best placed to know, and maybe Ranvier's weaknesses were apparent this time. It's just a shame when the person who is consistently good goes out on one bad performance when others are a bit consistently dodgier technically get through on the phone vote. Maisie nearly went out earlier on because she wasn't winning the popular vote, but what a shame that would have been.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

However, in the end it wasn't the public who voted her off, it was the judges, ultimately, Shirley who had the final choice.
Freeranger wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 17:02 Well yes, true, but from a choice of two.
That fact that Shirley had the final choice because the other 2 judges were unable to agree which had done the best dance goes to show how close it was - only one could go through to the final. I didn't particularly like Jamie's choice of music or dance but I had to admit that his performance in the dance off was much better than on the Saturday night.
Freeranger wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 17:02 Maisie nearly went out earlier on because she wasn't winning the popular vote
Do you remember the MP Ed Balls? Craig Revel Horwood scored his performances so low, he should have gone out in the first weeks but the public kept voting to keep him in. I did think that other good dancers were judged out as result of the popular vote but as someone once mentioned, there's only one winner and they would probably have been judged out sooner or later anyway.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I reckon the final could be decided on personality rather than dance (bit like when Darren Gough won it).

If that so, it's Bill.

If not and on dance, has to be Maisie ??

Richard .santa. .santa.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 - first live Saturday dance last night and I was really impressed with just about everyone. I didn't think the judges scores were even throughout the night - some of the later dances were getting high scores even though they weren't that much different in skill than the earlier dances. It's as though once a couple of dancers did really well, those less good that followed on got elevated up too.

I confess that I had already made up my mind who would be going out first just from going off their appearance before the competition had even started, but they seemed to be the ones who did really well. Just goes to show you shouldn't judge a book by its cover alone! I think I'm going to enjoy this series )t'
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

)like(
lancashire lass wrote: 26 Sep 2021, 07:48 I think I'm going to enjoy this series )t'
I'm not the greatest fan but Wendy likes it so we watch it together. I think the trick to enjoying it, is to remember that this is an entertainment programme and not strictly a 'dancing competition' - which if it were only the professionals would be dancing each week. Whilst really good, I am not sure if Bill Bailey was the best dancer last year but he certainly entertained and in the end was a worthy winner.

It would be nice to see the deaf girl do well to show that people deaf people can still have rhythm and enjoy dancing.
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am really enjoying this years strictly, the scores are so high as so many of them are so good. I particularly enjoyed movie night yesterday, the make up artists are brilliant
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am amazed this year at how good everyone is
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

sandy wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 19:52 I am amazed this year at how good everyone is
True - and we are still watching the series in Thailand.
Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

AJ and Kai, John and Johannes or Rose and Gio?

All good but my guess is Rose and Gio.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

lancashire lass wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 15:07 my guess is Rose and Gio.
Shame about AJ's injury but still a good one to one competition and difficult to find fault with either. I preferred John and Johannes (especially the rumba) but I suspected Rose and Giovanni would win because of that amazing silent dance which got a lot of news media coverage at the time.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Sounds like the line up for the 2023 Strictly Come Dancing is coming along. More details on the Radio Times:
The following stars have been confirmed for the Strictly Come Dancing 2023 cast:

Amanda Abbington
Angela Rippon
Layton Williams
Krishnan Guru-Murthy
Eddie Kadi
Angela Scanlon
Zara McDermott
Adam Thomas
Nikita Kanda
Ellie Leach
Jody Cundy CBE
Bobby Brazier
Nigel Harman
Annabel Croft
Strictly Come Dancing 2023 rumoured line-up: Potential contestants

Les Dennis
Brenda Edwards
Jill Scott
Ade Adepitan
Emma and Matt Willis (For season 21, Strictly is said to be lining up their first celebrity couple to compete against each other since Gabby and Kenny Logan in season 4)
Rylan Clark
Priya Davdra