Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by Freeranger »

However, in the end it wasn't the public who voted her off, it was the judges, ultimately, Shirley who had the final choice.
Well yes, true, but from a choice of two.
I agree that the judges and especially Shirley are the best placed to know, and maybe Ranvier's weaknesses were apparent this time. It's just a shame when the person who is consistently good goes out on one bad performance when others are a bit consistently dodgier technically get through on the phone vote. Maisie nearly went out earlier on because she wasn't winning the popular vote, but what a shame that would have been.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

However, in the end it wasn't the public who voted her off, it was the judges, ultimately, Shirley who had the final choice.
Freeranger wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 17:02 Well yes, true, but from a choice of two.
That fact that Shirley had the final choice because the other 2 judges were unable to agree which had done the best dance goes to show how close it was - only one could go through to the final. I didn't particularly like Jamie's choice of music or dance but I had to admit that his performance in the dance off was much better than on the Saturday night.
Freeranger wrote: 16 Dec 2020, 17:02 Maisie nearly went out earlier on because she wasn't winning the popular vote
Do you remember the MP Ed Balls? Craig Revel Horwood scored his performances so low, he should have gone out in the first weeks but the public kept voting to keep him in. I did think that other good dancers were judged out as result of the popular vote but as someone once mentioned, there's only one winner and they would probably have been judged out sooner or later anyway.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I reckon the final could be decided on personality rather than dance (bit like when Darren Gough won it).

If that so, it's Bill.

If not and on dance, has to be Maisie ??

Richard .santa. .santa.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome