Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by albertajune »

It's back again with some really good dancers. The bookies are already predicting the winner but I think it will be a tough competition this year.
4 danced last evening and 4 this evening...can't wait!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by albertajune »

Been desperate to get back here as I was out yesterday.
It was when I was getting dinner prepared on the day that I put this up that it suddenly clicked that I had spelled strictly wrong. A very senior moment!
Hope my misspelling hasn't put anyone off :oops:
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

albertajune wrote:Been desperate to get back here as I was out yesterday.
It was when I was getting dinner prepared on the day that I put this up that it suddenly clicked that I had spelled strictly wrong. A very senior moment!

Don't know what you're talking about June )w(
Dom
Ali Woks My World
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have decided to watch it. First time ever.
It was colourful last week and I enjoyed it being on .
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I was at my sisters on Saturday and caught it there. They had their grandkids visiting and everyone was jumping up and down with excitement trying to guess what the scores might be. What a chuffin noise. I was glad to get away. Don't understand why people get so excited about it, it's all so false, all that smiley smiley, clapping and cheering. I won't be watching any more. Georgia or Helen to win.
Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Totally Scrambled wrote:
albertajune wrote:Been desperate to get back here as I was out yesterday.

Don't know what you're talking about June )w(
Dom

Cheers Dom )t'
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I'm a Strictly fan.

It seems the BBC, wisely in my opinion, haven't put in a novelty contestant this time.

Very impressed with the first showings, some good dancers there.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Love strictly too, only just seen the second show, took me a while to figure out how to connect up lap top in caravan. Couldn`t watch on television as Tess was being a pain.

Nice to see Anton du Becke with a halfways decent partner, he has certainly earned having one after all the other partners he has had.

Its actually nice to have a programme that is not all s.ex mur.der and violence on the television and to be able to relax and enjoy.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well the correct one went on Saturday - think, although he obviously trained hard, he maybe thought his tattoos would get him through - maybe thought the girls would all vote for him !!!!

Big article in Daily Mail this morning not liking Claudia trying to make it tacky with all the hats and remarks about Gleb.
Have to say I agree with them - all about Claudia and not about the programmes theme maybe??

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I think the right one went but must say he wasn't too graceful about it. As for Claudia! Whey does she feel that she has to try and be funny because she isn't

I think that the standard of dancing this year is so high and I am really enjoying it. When I hear that music I am transported back to my youth when ballroom dancing was a weekly event. It was so exciting to go to that glamorous ballroom in the hope of being swept of my feet, literally. Interestingly, there was no bar for alcohol to be sold. If the guys wanted a drink in the interval, they went across to the local pub for a quick one. 'Ladies' never went into a pub on their own so we then went into the also glamorous ladies to sit at dressing tables and re powder our noses. Happy days!!

Amazing how a TV program can bring all this back.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well, how's Jay going to follow that.

:-D :-D :-D

Richard
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Loved Jay`s jive but he didn't look very happy afterwards, maybe he was just stunned by the marks.

I didn`t like the way a couple of the costumes were way over the top, ie dressing up as dogs, and a rather different looking captain Jack Sparrow yike* Think these costumes detracted from the dances.

I am afraid I looked on the spoiler and know who is out but won`t spoil it for anyone else.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Oh dear Mrs Boodles, those costumes!!! Peter Endre as a pirate looked as he might suffocate with all that hair and boots for a passedoble (not sure of the spelling)
How some of them managed to dance, goodness knows. I thought Jay did a great jive and he does find it hard to show any emotion. He appears to be a bit shy, even though he sings with a group.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

No way out silly silly costumes last night but who is getting a bit fed up with all the prop stuff at start of dance and also how the professionals take the celebs somewhere different to help them. I mean come on, how is going in a flight simulater going to help you dance better,

Felt really sorry for Jay, he came down with a bit of a bump and some low marks, loved Antons dance hope he does well, would love to see him win it, think ballroom is his speciality.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

What do they say about great minds thinking alike Mrs Boodles!

I totally agree with your comment. The dancing is entertaining enough on it's own without all the silly stuff that these programs feel they have to put in. Still enjoy it though. )t'