Films

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Re: Films

Post by Trev62 »

I managed to sit through the new "Ghostbusters" film tonight, only just mind you, but I made it to the end, amusing rather than funny in parts but a re make that for me did not hit the heights of the original.

Why do people complete a re make of a film but add nothing really new to it?

They should learn from "The Italian Job", the original entertaining the re make totally different but alluding to the first and a good film in its own right.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev reminds me of photoplays section opinions differ. I was in tears watching Ghostbusters.
Mind you there does not seem to be any original scriptwriters left does there? If it isnt a remake or a film version of a tv show its a sequel!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

After all the publicity I think I expected too much from the film.

I can only agree on the lack of originality in many of the films today, where have all the good story-tellers and script writers disappeared to?

We started watching I.T. with Pierce Brosnan tonight but I gave up after 15 minutes as it was to flat and predictable my Better Half will see it through and tell me if it is worth giving a second chance!

PS Life would be so boring if we did not have different opinions and tastes.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Tonight I watched the best film I have seen for a while "The Free State of Jones", based on a "true" story that I am now off to read up on, the film makes you think and question history and where we are today. Thoroughly enjoyable and very rare for me to say but I will watch it again.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

The Western returns in its full glory! The Magnificent Seven, how Westerns used to be made, cracking film and (only in my opinion of course :-D ) as good as the original but I will have to watch the original again at some stage to confirm my opinion of the latest release!

On a roll at present with enjoyable movies, just waiting for a dud one to appear and upset it all!! :-D
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Enjoyed watching the new "Tarzan" film last night, he reminded me of how I looked in my younger days, I wish!!!!! {rofwl} Surprisingly it was actually quite a good film but no sign of Cheeta also as my partner pointed out............no loincloths for Tarzan!
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Many, many. many years ago I read a book about kids playing video games when they were actually fighting a war against aliens, I know it all sounds a bit far fetched but the book was a "cannot put down" read and due to my failing memory I could never remember the title!

Moving on............I watched a film tonight called "Ender's Game" starring Harrison Ford and guess what? It was based on that very book! Thoroughly enjoyed the film (released in 2013) and I have now sourced a copy of the book as I normally find the books are as, if not better that the film based on them.

So quite happy tonight, I have watched a good film and I am about to order a good book to read during the winter, a minor success after a string of failures these last few days!

:-D :-D :-D
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Watched the last of The Hobbit Trilogy tonight, not sure how often I have watched them but still very good films. I am struggling to find any decent films to watch at present, any recommendations? We are well behind the UK getting the latest releases out here.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

The Accountant - Enjoyed this film even though it seems to be a cross between a Jason Bourne movie and The Equalizer, still no doubt the follow up will explain a few unanswered questions within the plot.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Finally got around to watching the film "Arrival" tonight, rather absorbing................
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Hacksaw Ridge - The new Mel Gibson film, thoroughly enjoyable, quite graphic, based on a true story, will definitely now read up on the facts behind the film.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev I saw Arrival, hmmm absorbing is a good word, storyline of the humans remimded me of Kyle and Sarah in Terminator.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I want to see Hacksaw Ridge, seen the trailer. My daughter Natalie rented the new Ben Hur last night, will watch tonight but will have to go a long way to beat the classic with Charlten Heston starring.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

mrs boodles it would be interesting to see what you think of the new Ben Hur film it would take something special to match the chariot race in the original film.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Never got to watch ben hur last night but got all my jobs done early and just finished watching it. Chariot race ok but still think original film race better. The film was very different in quite a few ways but it very good and I would watch it again.