Films

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Films

Post by sandy »

Recently seen the war film with Bill Nighy, title totally escapes me, but a good story , didn;t realise you couldnt go to war if you were a good film maker and would boost the nation's morale.
Going out in style was very funny and very clever
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - Interesting take on the legend of King Arthur, it will not be to everyone's taste though I enjoyed it but as mentioned on this thread previously some of the ideas seem to have been "borrowed" from other films and we did have some fun guessing which ones but all in all an enjoyable watch even if the "Critics" did not think so.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - Latest offering in this franchise, again, many bad reviews but we have just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed the light hearted and entertaining movie, not a classic but what films are today?

Does anyone play a drunk as well as Johnny Depp??
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev saw this film yesterday, glad I ignored the reviews but I would have gone anyway! I would rate this one as next best to the first one, carried on the threads from the others very well. I loved it.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Alien: Covenant - If anybody manages to watch this film through to the end could they please explain to me how they did it! The first twenty minutes seemed to consist only of people screaming so the "Off" button was called in to play, willing to try it again if someone says they have actually seen the full film.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev should be seeing it tuesday afternoon…..having to pay a tenner I will def see it all {rofwl} will let you know

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

sandy wrote:Trev should be seeing it tuesday afternoon…..having to pay a tenner I will def see it all {rofwl} will let you know

I wish you luck...........................and look forward to hearing of your success or failure to endure it through to the end, or at least past the first 20 minutes!!!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev sorry this is late…..OMG lets just say the first 20 minutes and the last 10 were the best part of the film. SPOILER ALERT
The original alien, manufactured by a drone by the way, looked like a cross between a smurf and morph, very violent, ate one girl all but her head. Ripley would have been ashamed of the girl mettle, they all were frightened ninnies bar one. Actually the last 10 minutes you knew wasnt going to end well after the false sense of a happy ending as this film was pre Alien, but at least you got to see the 'real alien' that magnificient creature from the original films, perhaps they need to go in a different direction like Jurassic did with the raptors and make the aliens trainable? Couldnt be any worse than this appalling effort

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Following your comments Sandy I think I will skip any future attempt to survive watching Alien: Covenant. I had a similar disaster watching The Mummy starring Mr Cruise, could have been so good but it turned into just another "Zombie" movie before paving the way for the follow up film, which I am sure will be entitled accordingly, at a guess, The Mummy 2!!! :-D :-D :-D I am struggling to contain my excitement!!!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bit of a late reply Trev, had to go and see The Mummy to keep my Tom Cruise fan friend happy, whoa oh whoa, absolutely agree with you, it was dire, t was actually worse than Alien Covenant yike*

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Saw Ride or is it dawn of the apes last night, excellent there wasn;t a murmur in the cinema throughout the whole film. Andy Serkis should win an oscar, the expressions on his ape face spoke volumes, definetley recommend it

HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

I watched Alien Covenant last night. All the way through, honest.
My OH was snoring halfway through, I should have been so lucky.
The ending was oh so predictable. Pff!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

HH your OH had the right idea, wish I had slept through it!
Saw The Final Programme the other night, loved it in 1972, OMG why did I?
Have taped another film I loved Britannia Hospital , wonder if that will stand the test of my time taste?

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Borg vs McEnroe is a must to see. Us 20 somethings settled down with a FB pie, chips and peas, treacle sponge pudding and bacardi and coke. We had no idea what was going on behind the scenes, the worry that Borg was going through and the reasons behind McEnroe's terrible behaviour. Like Titanic, 13 days and All the Presidents Men we knew the ending but that didn't stop the tension building as like those previous films B vs M is totally gripping.

Just seen Kingsman 2, excellent silly, violent fun. Best to describe it is James Bond meets Austin Powers, Elton is hysterical )t' my only disappointment is why does everyone use the f word in nearly every sentence?

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Saw Geostorm yesterday, yes silly, a bit mawkish in some places but good fun )t'