Films

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Films

Post by Trev62 »

I will be honest here and say that I am not a film fanatic in fact before moving abroad I had never owned a TV let alone a dvd/blu-ray player, but my Better Half has always enjoyed her dvd's and now her "digitally downloaded" films (that sounds posh doesn't it!), so I thought a thread to name any films to watch, which ones to avoid or even just to list your favourite ones, old or new.

We have just watched Bastille Day, extremely disappointing if Idris Elba is to become the next James Bond he had better find some screen prescence and charisma from somewhere!! Very average film.

Over to you................................
"Not all those who wander are lost"
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Films

Post by sandy »

Used to go religiously sundays and tuesdays regardless what was on! Nowadays with the expense and less time go about once a month depending on whats on.
Def going to see Jason Bourne, I expect you have seen the other films? And Star Trek this week. Was put of seeing Ghostbusters by bad reviews from press and friends but went anyway . The first 15 minutes wondered if I should have listened to the detractors but so glad I didn't, made me cry with laughter. Also recently seen Tarzan, new version with great story and fantastic animal cgi…..
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

The previous Jason Bourne films have all been enjoyable to watch and hopefully the latest one will also be even though many critics have only rated it as average. We are waiting on the new Ghostbusters film at present but we have seen Tarzan and (surprisingly) thoroughly enjoyed it.

We watched "Imperium" last night which being based loosely on a true story and was an enjoyable film, it has set me to doing some background reading tonight about the subject.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev saw Jason Bourne ast night. I am afraid just more of the same , got a bit boring
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

sandy wrote:Trev saw Jason Bourne ast night. I am afraid just more of the same , got a bit boring

Thanks for the warning.

Sat and watched the new Jungle Book film tonight, the graphics are really good but it is not as light hearted as the original, it made for easy and enjoyable viewing though. We will watch the original one at the weekend as it is many years since we have seen it. I wonder..............will it have stood the test of time?
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

hi, SHARPE ,SHARPE and more Sharpe.
Period dramas with more thin red line suits me.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oooh Sharpe! Now you're talking. What's not to like :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

We watched "I am Ali" tonight, enjoyed the film but noticed they missed out certain events that may or may not have affected his "legacy", but as always past events are open to ones own interpretation and point off view. The facts? They are only known by the people that were actually there. Still it was an enjoyable film.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Watched an oldie last night with Robert Redford in, I had never heard of the film but "Brubecker" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" are two of my favourite films so thought I would give it a go, "The Last Castle" much better than the reviews given to it and we both thoroughly enjoyed it, so the saying must be true ............the olduns are the good 'uns!!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Havent seen The Last Castle of course Butch and Sundance will be one of your favourites its just brilliant, have the soundtrack on tape too.
Just seen Star Trek, loved it, I dont know how they keep managing to come up with such good stories. Special effects ' out of this world' and plenty of humour probably because co written by Simon Pegg

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

sandy wrote:Trev saw Jason Bourne ast night. I am afraid just more of the same , got a bit boring

Watched it a few nights ago and I could not see the point of the whole film and the camera work was (to me) really bad and did not help the film at all. Still, I am sure there will still be another one..............
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Exactly my sentiments Trev. Of course they will do another one… money maker isn't it. The camera work gave me a headache.

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Have to agree, the photography was all too fast for me, is that a sign of getting
old??? :-D

Watched "Blazing Saddles" last night, not at all politically correct but I enjoyed every minute of it. Made when the world was a much simpler place.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Trev Blazing Saddles is one of my all time favourites, will probably find it rather emotional watching it next time with the very sad loss of the brilliant Gene Wilder.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Saw The Suicide Squad last night, very violent but entertaining. I didn't realise they were marvel characters, not for youngsters thats for sure.