Films

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Films

Post by sandy »

When I was 18 I went and saw mur.der on the orient express at our ABC cinema nearly every week, thats when films stayed on for more than five minutes probably because we had so many cinemas in town. I was so excited a new version had been done, I love Agatha Christie and this one is one of my favourites. You can imagine my disappointment when we went last week and couldn't see it so we saw Thor instead. This week we got in and OMG , yes I know whodunnit but there cohesive interviews or character building at all. No tension , very loud at times but the biggest horror was Poirot who actually wasnt Poirot at all. He certainly wasnt any acceptable version given by Peter Ustinov,Albert Finney or David Suchet and he most definetly was not Agatha Christie's Poirot. I sinceerly hope Mr Branagh does not do any other Poirot films yike* On a foot note we throughly enjoyed Thor.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

The potato film saw today, I had no idea what poor Guernsey went through in the war, its a lovely film full of really good characters
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I read the book.
Yes, the and war seems a long while ago in some ways, but when I worked in a playgroup I had 2 assistants and we got chatting over a working lunch, my father cooked in the war, had been in Germany & Holland. One assistant was Dutch they were occupied, which led to lasting tensions according to people's reaction to the Germans (and youcan sympathise with anyone wanting to protect their family, so accepting the authorities), the other had a German father who never talked about what he did in the war, and the family wondered if he had something to hide.
Not that my father talked about it, though we heard about the dutch family he was billeted with after the ceasefire.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Seen three films recently, first Solo a Star War story. I wasn't expecting much as apparently it was not very successful and has been ranked second bottom to the Phantom menace , and off course no Harrison Ford. I think I must have seen a different version to the critics, it was gripping from beginning to end and we got to find how Han met Chewie. If you dont like Star Wars but like sci fi I am sure you would enjoy this.
Next we saw Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, I am totally biased as my favourite non human actresses (they are all female after being cloned ) are the T. Rex and the raptors. I maybe 61 but I adore dinosaurs and this new film didn't let me down. I wasnt too keen on JP 2 and 3 and still think the original is the best, what I love about these films also is they keep some good humour in it in the really tense moments, not too sure about the decision made at the end of the film though, lock up your doors yike*
Last week we saw Oceans 8 which again was throughly enjoyable. The first 15 minutes was very slick, hmmm if I wasn't so honest i am sure those cons would work {rofwl} All the characters were well played

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mission Impossible 1221? Well there has been a lot of them. I think there was a whole 10 minutes without any action so no getting bored, def recommend it as the stunts were brilliant and a good storyline too

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mchael Caine,Jim Broadbent,Tom Courtney.....how can you go wrong? the hatton garden robbery film, cannot even remember the title >coc< they were definetly not lovable old rogues! >coc< I fell asleep it was so boring.....

wendy

Post by wendy »

{rofwl}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

40 years ago yike* my two friends and I went to our Gaumont cinema(long gone now) and were all terrified watching Halloween. As with most sequels the original is never bettered but as this was a direct follow up ignoring all the c*** in between we were quite excited about seeing the newly made sequel. Unfortunately our friend Yvette now lives in Canada so just the two of us went. Hmmm our question to ourselves is have we hardened with age or was the film just not scary? Lorna didnt scream once neither did she keep turning around in the car as she did at the tender age of 21 {rofwl}

fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Went to see 'Bohemian Rhapsody' yesterday.

I thought it a slightly sanitised version of Freddie Mercury's life but the guy who plays Freddie, Rami Malek, does an excellent job and the music is, obviously, great.
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Michael I am jinxed }hairout{ went to see Bohemian Rapsody last thursday, full up. The member of staff said no worries its on next week at 7.25 so tonight we turned up only to be told not on until 8.15! too late on a school night so we will attempt a third try next week and I can let you know if i enjoyed it {rofwl}

fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

sandy wrote:Michael I am jinxed }hairout{ went to see Bohemian Rapsody last thursday, full up. The member of staff said no worries its on next week at 7.25 so tonight we turned up only to be told not on until 8.15! too late on a school night so we will attempt a third try next week and I can let you know if i enjoyed it {rofwl}

Did you ever get to see it? It will be out on DVD soon!
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Michal finally got to see it )t' Absolutely loved it, they all looked so alike didnt they, was surprised to read Roger was formerly Peter Beale from Eastenders, John was Tim the boy from Jurassic Park and Brian Barnabys previous sidekick from Midsomer mur.der! The beginning of the film took me way back to a strange holiday in Porthcawl, my first without any adults, when Seven Seas of Rye had just been released, both my friends and I instantly were mesmerised by this new group.
Now then The Companion......so many awards awaiting and so many great reviews >coc< Yes the actors are very good but the film yike* I honestly would have rahter sat for the 2 hours watching a totally blank screen!and.......there is a very annoying background banging noise in a couple of scenes.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Catch Shazaam if you get the chance a sort of super hero/heart warming story which made me very sad and a good laugh.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

saw angel has fallen, just like the 2 previous sequels , totally implausible but good fun, but had more f's in it than a p.a.w.n. film {warn}
surprise was Blinded by the ight, im not a huge Springsteen fan but i was very surprised at the amazing lyrics he has written, based on a true story, the lyrics help him get through his mundane life.

Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I am so looking forward to the Downton Abbey film, though viewing will have to wait either for a DVD or it coming on TV. Currently You tube have a lot of clips from the TV series, which I have been binge watching.