Help with you tube

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Help with you tube

Post by Spreckly »

This morning I am unable to listen to you tube. The sound icon is on, but it comes up as "mute". Does anyone know how to reinstate the sound, please.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Help with you tube

Post by Mo »

Can you click on the little speaker icon? So that it goes from a speaker crossed out to a plain speaker. Or is that what it is now?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

It is the plain speaker icon Mo, and says "mute" above it. I have contacted our local IT chap, who said he will sort it, but it is still off - he has a link to my computer.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Update on lack of sound. There is no sound on you tube, podcasts, etc. The IT chap has looked at it with the link, but says he will come on Monday to sort it. He is on his own this week, as his workmate is on maternity leave. However, he suggested I use earphones, and I am able to get sound on them.

Such a nuisance!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

The sound came back on my internet - you tube, podcasts, etc. My IT man is still coming on Monday to hopefully install an update to my elderly Windows 7. This will be a lot cheaper than having a new computer built.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

My little Samsung netbook was on Windows 7, my computer man changed it to Windows 10. He took the computer away, kept it for 24 hours, transferred everything over from the old 7 to the new 10. Got it back, perfect. No need to learn anything new, as Windows 10 Edge is already on my big desktop so I am familiar with it. He charged me £70. Worth it for no hassle, and he is at the end of the phone if I need anything.

ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Ilona, I think my Windows 7 will become Windows 10 on Monday, but it will be twice the price you paid. I am hoping it is simpler than Windows 8, which we just could not get on with some years ago.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That seems rather a lot. My computer man is 73 years old, he works from home and most of his customers are middle age oldies like me. He is very clever, he builds computers, builds model aircraft which he flies, builds model boats which he sails. I thought £70 was reasonable. My friend who has the same Samsung model as me was thinking about getting hers updated, but thought he charged too much.
ilona