Problem paying video tapes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Problem paying video tapes

Post by Spreckly »

I have a few video tapes which I want to watch, last had them on a month since. But when I tried to play the first one a box came up saying "No Signal". I made sure that all the plugs were in properly, but still no joy.

Yesterday I tried a video which wasn't precious to me, and it played, so I put the video I tried previously, and it still wouldn't play.

I also tried it in the other video player, but nothing. A techie friend says he thinks it may be the tape case, as the tapes I want to see are quite old. But I am baffled that they played perfectly just a month ago.

Has anyone any thoughts on this, please. I shall be devastated if I have lost some very precious recordings.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Problem paying video tapes

Post by Richard »

Hi Spreckers.

Do you mean a VHS Video ?

Also, are you using separate players for each video ?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, it is a VHS video Richard. Unsure what you mean by separate players for each video.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I was wondering as if there were two separate video players, one may not be switched into the right TV Socket, so you'd have to look through the bit that shows HDMi1, HDMi2, TV, etc. etc.

But that would confuse.

Personally I would find somewhere who can a). Repair the Tape Box, then b). Get them to record on to DVD.
That way you'd also cover you should your VHS Player suddenly pack up.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks Richard. Don't think the tape player has packed up, as I tried a gardening one, which played, but my own won't. I will just have to sit it out, sickening, and I am also needing the computer man to come and sort my new Windows 10 out, which won't allow my printer to work. Worse things can happen, but it is testing my now limited patience!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Poor you spreckers.

Maybe your PC man knows of someone who can convert your VHS to DVD.
The benefit of that would also be you can download from the DVD on to PC and it would be in two safe places.

Technology always changing !

Richard )t'
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Richard wrote:
Technology always changing !

Isn't it just. And my ability to cope with it is changing too - losing what little I had.
Just hope my computer keeps working till the end of lockdown or I don't know what I'll do.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Oh dear Mo, know what you mean about your computer. I was without mine for a few days when I was waiting for this new one, which isn't satisfactory, to say the least. Can't use the printer at all, and as for the sites I used, I am still not back one hundred per cent on some of them. Now another three weeks before my computer man can attend to the mess.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

When my computer finally stopped working I couldn't get my printer to connect to Windows 10. Perfectly good printer, flatbed scanner and copier, just sitting useless.
Read an article yesterday about planned obsolescence (probably Guardian online). It makes me fume.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hopefully a firm in the area are going to sort my video problem out. I found a couple of local firms, one was unable to do transfers to DVD's, but the one who replied to my email this morning suggested that perhaps I had not rewound the tape.

I tried this, but the spool stayed in the same position in the case. I have sent four tapes off all to be copied, hopefully, onto DVD's. Our village help scheme during the virus quickly responded to my request for someone to take my parcel to the post office in the next village. I hope it arrives safely, those tapes are precious!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just heard from the firm I sent the video tapes to a couple of days since. The man has managed to rewind the faulty tape, and will contact me when he has transferred the four tapes to DVD's.

I am so very relieved )t' )t'
MaryN
Learner Laner

Post by MaryN »

You need to use the special player fo this. If I`m not mistaken, each game is played on a different player.

Edited to remove link from unknown poster