Captain Tom Moore

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Captain Tom Moore

Post by Spreckly »

What a hero, almost one hundred years old, and walking with a frame up and down the garden at his daughter's house. I expect you have all seen the interviews, but I salute him for the tenacity he is showing.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Captain Tom Moore

Post by Freeranger »

Yes, me too, Spreckly. Following it with interest. There's no point in saying he's now up to £X as it is moving so quickly.
He is a part of what really was a very special generation, and his indomitable spirit is so admirable.
I thought the guard of honour this morning was a very nice and dignified celebration.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

In a week, one 99 year old can make one third of what Children in Need did last November.

Incredible.

I look through loads of news web sites every day and it's been well covered in the American press as well !

Bravo.

Richard )t' )t' )c( )c(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Absolutely astounding man, a hero in his own right.
I noticed this morning he has motivated another 90 yr old lady to go up and down her stairs. She apparently has had knee problems since she was 12 yrs old, so bravo to her too.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Should we need heroic fund-raising, or should it come from taxes?
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Not sure how to reply to that, Mo.
Some of me says no we should not need heroic heroes and then the rest of me says yes, let them do it if they can as often there is little else for them to concentrate on.
I think everyone will be paying more in taxes after this lot has subsided. As our accountant said to me the other day, someone is going to pay dearly for all this spending they are having to do. Then she reminded me that it would not affect us too much as we are towards the end of our life...………...I have a funny rapport with our accountant. LOL
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

He is such a lovely, caring man and whether he should do it or not I don't know. I do know that he is inspiring others to do things of a similar nature. I do wonder where all the money being raised for the NHS will actually go and if the people who are working in the front line will actually benefit. I do hope so.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

albertajune wrote:I do wonder where all the money being raised for the NHS will actually go

I wonder too - will it just go into the "NHS" pot (that should be funded by government from National Insurance/taxes) or directly to those working (such as providing facilities and help) and to families of those who have lost their lives as a result of getting infected while helping others.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Whatever the politics of the funds raised Mr Moore must be feeling well chuffed and so he should )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/