Norton anti virus pop ups

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Norton anti virus pop ups

Post by Spreckly »

For some reason, though I have AVG anti virus protection, Norton is plaguing me with pop up adverts. I wouldn't mind, but it prevents my bar on the right hand side from being moved low down the page. It is on facebook and you tube. On top of this, I get requests from women to contact me yike*

Is anyone else being pestered with this slime?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Norton anti virus pop ups

Post by Spreckly »

Sorted, thank goodness. A techie friend who is working from home linked me to his computer, and during the searching we discovered that my AVG anti virus had not been transferred from my Windows 7 to my new Windows 10. Thank goodness it has now been installed, but the reason for getting a newer system was to protect my internet banking.

I wish the computer man had told me. I now have a long list of items which need attending to, one being that I cannot use my printer, half the bar right at the bottom of the screen is invisible, despite attempts to move the screen up, and my friend unable to sort that from his end.

No longer do I have this irritating noisy pop up from Norton, followed by pictures of ladies who want to make contact with me! Been a stressful few days.