TV Licence

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

TV Licence

Post by Spreckly »

Does anyone know what is happening about the TV Licences? Not had one for years, due to age, but I understood that we were going to have to pay from now on.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: TV Licence

Post by Mo »

The BBC announced that they would delay bringing in the charge, due to Covid.You will need one in August unless you receive benefits
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks for your reply Mo. Will they automatically send a reminder? We always got one, which said we didn't need to pay due to our ages.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I am sure they will.They are not going to let you not pay.

But if you do forget. You are hardly going to be sent to gaol. )grin2(
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I received my free TV licence last year which expires May 31st. I am reading the letter now which came with it which says "We will be writing to you again in good time before the 31st May to let you know what you will need to do. You don't need to take any action in the meantime"
People who are on pension credit will not pay but they will want the latest pension credit letter. You can listen to the latest information on freephone
0800 232 1382. I have heard nothing from them so don't know if it is being delayed. I am not at all happy to start paying again.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I am not happy about having to start paying again either June. I think it is a real kick in the teeth for those of us who are on our own at this really grotty time. Time for the government to wake up and have a taste of what it is like to live on a pension.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well I think I had an email saying I would have to pay, only heard that it is being delayed on tv & radio and online, but it's the BBC website that says August. I'm sure they'll tell us.
Don't blame the BBC that we have to pay though, the government cut their funding for this, they are already making up the loss for people who really can't afford to pay.

There are arguments for and against means-tested benefits. Some people get them who don't need them, but checking who does need them can be inefficient and some people don't claim who are entitled to.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Received my forms for purchasing my TV licence last week and just set up my direct debit to pay monthly. Paying monthly doesn't cost any more and better to have the money sitting in my bank than the BBC's. I object very strongly, especially when people on pension top up or on other benefits get it free. No point in paying for that extra little bit of pension when working.
Although it shows mostly rubbish it is still company when only talking to people on the phone as I still do at the moment.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Not had any information about my licence yet. I must say how disgusted I am that our already small pension is going to be smaller still. The amount of money the government is throwing around!!
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I have had lots of emails telling me to click on the bottom of the page to pay tv licence or be fined, these of course are scams! Recieved the official letter today, only have to pay half price as my mum who lives with me is registered blind.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Heard no more about mine . I have an e-mail which was headed Thank you for applying for your TV licence which I have to prove I contacted them, plus I spoke on the phone so must be a record of that. As far as I am concerned the problem is hopefully theirs to sort out.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

My TV licence paperwork arrived yesterday, at last. Have your heard any more June? I have chosen to pay monthly on a direct debit. I think the least "they" could have done was to reinstate the free licence for over seventy fives, after all, there is little on the beeb that is worth watching, although I do watch Gardeners World.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

You can get Gardeners World on yooootoooob. Some of them have been badly edited due to copyright but if you check different channels, some of them are ok. Try this one.
https://youtu.be/b-d4wISXwIE

ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Spreckly wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 09:18 My TV licence paperwork arrived yesterday, at last. Have your heard any more June? I have chosen to pay monthly on a direct debit. I think the least "they" could have done was to reinstate the free licence for over seventy fives, after all, there is little on the beeb that is worth watching, although I do watch Gardeners World.
Heard nothing yet. Phoned them last week after receiving a scam e-mail to find out what te delay is. A costly phone call to be told that the backlog is months long. I think it should be delayed anyway while older people are suffering depression through being on their own for so long and depend on the tv for company.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

albertajune wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 12:48 I think it should be delayed anyway while older people are suffering depression through being on their own for so long and depend on the tv for company.
)t'