All Creatures Great and Small

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

All Creatures Great and Small

Post by Spreckly »

I have been watching ACGAS on Channel 5 recently. The original TV series is currently on the Drama channel, and less like a Whitehall Farce than Channel 5's offering.

We bought the books years ago when the boys were younger, and I still have them, rather battered and frail, but absolute gems. When Ted moved to North Yorkshire, Alf Wight's son was his vet, and he remembered seeing the man himself on one occasion. One of the things on my to do list before we left the area was to visit the museum in Thirsk, but we never got round to it, too late now.

I must say, however how well Samuel West is taking the part of Sigfried Farnon, and how similar to Robert Hardy he looks. No comment on the rest of the cast, though.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: All Creatures Great and Small

Post by Gwenoakes »

I have been watching this programme and saw the original one some years ago.
I think it is pretty good.
I too have all the books, Spreckly. I took some of them in hospital when I needed a major operation years ago and because I was laughing soooo much I burst some stitches which I remember was very sore and at the same time one of the surgeons was doing her round on the ward so I got told off twice!
I have been watching the Yorkshire vet programme which I think is really good, have you seen that?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: All Creatures Great and Small

Post by Spreckly »

I don't watch every episode of The Yorkshire Vet, but when I do, I really enjoy it. I can remember one of my sons rolling about the settee with laughter reading the books.