Great British Bake Off

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Great British Bake Off

Post by fabindia »

Sorry to see Rowan go last week.

I love the show at the start of the series when there are a few bakers who due to whatever reasons are prone to making mistakes. Rowan was was of those type of folks, too ambitious, not good with timings but at the same time with a wicked sense of humour and could laugh at himself.

I lose interest towards the end of the series (though still watch it) when only the good bakers are left - those I can't really relate to on a baking level. Rowan, on the other hand, is someone I really could relate to, someone I could have round to my house for a cup of tea and a slice of my homemade, less than perfect, cakes :-)
Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Great British Bake Off

Post by lancashire lass »

fabindia wrote: 13 Oct 2020, 14:27 I lose interest towards the end of the series (though still watch it) when only the good bakers are left
I find the same with Masterchef (I prefer the celebrity series because there's usually a lot more humour than on the more serious professional series) Towards the end of the series when the remaining few have stopped seeing it as fun and hoping to win, the atmosphere changes to competition level. Having saying that, it always amazes me how the quality and presentation is so different and at top restaurant standard than from their first day home cooking slop.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Great British Bake Off

Post by sandy »

Snap I lose interest towards the end of competitions too( i still havent seen the final of Celebrity Aprrentice USA which was made long before a certain person became president {rofwl} ) although I will be watching tonight
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/