The Repair Shop - just what we need during the pandemic

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
fabindia
Legendary Laner

The Repair Shop - just what we need during the pandemic

Post by fabindia »

I think we've had a thread on this before but at this time just wanted to say it is one of my favourite shows on TV at the minute. It is such an easy going programme.

There's no competition between people who bring things in and no one gets voted off. No one ever asks what the items are worth as they are all priceless, a cheap brass locket with a picture of grandmother in worn by grandfather in the Great War is worth more than Ming vase to its current owner. Finally, there are lots of tears and hugs (obviously pre-Covid).
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: The Repair Shop - just what we need during the pandemic

Post by albertajune »

Love The Repair Shop and marvel at the talent the repairers have. I think I saw a new episode advertised for next Weds evening. Hard waiting for it !
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I really enjoy this programme, and love some of the items that are brought in!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
manda

Post by manda »

We get this in NZ now ...I love this show, what they do with the items brought in and the stories that go with them.
I think my favourite so far is the rocking horse...they managed to restore it and leave her deceased husband's initials under the saddle where he had painted it previously.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Glad that a new series has started. Manda you have a lot to look forward to if it is new to you. i particularly love the ladies who restore the bears and dolls and the leather work but all so brilliant at whatever they do. Enjoy,
I am now a widow and live with my memories.