Recently read books, looking for recommendations

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Recently read books, looking for recommendations

Post by Spreckly »

I buy my books from Amazon, amazing bargains normally. Recent buy was a Daphne du Maurier's tome of Rebecca (which I have had for years in paperback), Frenchman's Creek, My Cousin Rachel and Jamaica Inn. I shall read them all again in a few months' time.

"The Duchess" by Penny Junor was recommended recently, and this has been a fascinating read, with lots of photos of the subject.

Also recommended was "The Final Curtsey" by the Queen's late cousin, Margaret Rhodes, which I have just started to read.

The above books were supposed to be my hospital reading (no visitors allowed on the ward yike* ), but I have several volumes of old favourites which I can put in my already packed bag.

There is very little I wish to watch on TV, apart from the documentaries about the Royal Family, or Classic Eastenders, which I confess to watching. Thrillers are out for me, otherwise my sleep would not be easy.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Recently read books, looking for recommendations

Post by Mo »

I used to read detective stories, but decided that I've had enough of them, either too dark or too repetitive (I enjoyed some of the Railway Detective, the found them samey). Life has enough to depress without reading gloomy books.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire