Downton Abbey, complete series

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Downton Abbey, complete series

Post by Spreckly »

As a self indulgent treat during my convalescence, I ordered the box set of Downton Abbey. I had series one and two, but priced individual series up, and the box set was cheaper in the long run.

How I am enjoying the timelessness of it. The beautiful costumes and hairstyles, the put me downs, the plots, the whole lot.

I have just started series four, and am itching to continue, knowing that it will come to an end all too soon.

Unsure if a second film is to be made, I have the first one, which pleased me, despite some negative comments.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Downton Abbey, complete series

Post by Spreckly »

My original box set contained a fault in one of the discs, which kept returning to earlier in the recording. Am....on replace it, only to find the same thing with the replacement set. After contacting them, and finally getting a phone call, they agreed to send me that series, which is number five. It is coming from America, and will not be here for several days. I fervently hope that this one is perfect.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Amazon replaced my box set, and to my annoyance, I found the same fault on the same disc of the new set. They ordered a replacement Series 5 for me, from USA, which will not play on my DVD. You couldn't make it up, and I would have thought they would have had the intelligence to know this.

There is a second hand Series 1 - 5, which I have ordered, hopefully the relevant disc will play.

I now have two box sets, several odd Series, and a USA Series 5!! Quite a collection.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

You will be able to set up your own ebay shop. Hope they've refunded you
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, they have Mo. Just waiting for the second hand replacement.