Elvis the film (2022)

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Elvis the film (2022)

Post by lancashire lass »

I watched Elvis from Sky Movies (which I subscribe to) this weekend. It's a very long film (about 3 hours) so I had to take a break (intermission!) mid-way. I was in 2 minds about watching it as Elvis Presley was a bit before my time (more my parents generation) and I remember his music style really was not appealing when I was younger. I was 11 years old when he died in 1972. After watching the film and listening to some of the old classics, I have realised that my taste in music over time has changed with a deeper respect for his songs.

As for the storyline, I found it quite moving. Particularly, the politics of the time in the US where he grew up which puts his music and story into context. Just in case the film was more fictional than based on fact (I really didn't know anything about Elvis other than the songs and that his only daughter Lisa Marie Presley died in January this year), I found this article about the real Elvis Presley was worth reading.

Due to the length of the film, I don't think I'd want to watch it again any time soon but I do think it is worth watching if you haven't seen it already.